Windows Update

mike13

My friend is running the Corporate XP Pro. He knows that he should NOT download the SP1 when it is available, but he is wondering if it would be safe to go into the Windows Update site, to see if there is any other patches, security items etc. that he may want to download. What should I tell him ? Thanks, Mike

Well tell "Your Friend" that he can download all the updates he wants, they are perfectly ok. But Sp1 wont be available for the corp edition, as it has be said, the corp key will be baned from the update site on the arrival of Sp1....

-Drew

Hi Drew, My friend wants to know if it is even safe to go into that Windows UPDATE site. I know that when I go into it, it examines what is on my computer, and then it knows what updates I may be interested in downloading. He knows that he will not be able to download that SP1 when it is available, but can he even go into that site safely ? Thanks, Mike

Yes...it is safe to go there...ppl have been doing it for at least a year now and no person that I have talked to has been shut down or anything. The little thing that pops up says that no info is being sent to M$ and if they do that...they break the law...and so many ppl are against M$ that somebody would figure out that they are getting info and it would have been reported.

Rick :)