Daemon Tools is not installing..

When i tried to load Daemon tools unattended it didn't work (and has worked many times before) so I decided to just load it when I got into windows. Unfortunately its telling me that the sys admin has set some policies against this type of installation. This never happened before I switched to SP2. Anyone have any ideas what I need to set in order to install this program (which i use constantly) or else can someone just create a different type of installer and send it to me so i can install this program. Thanks.

When i tried to load Daemon tools unattended it didn't work (and has worked many times before) so I decided to just load it when I got into windows.  Unfortunately its telling me that the sys admin has set some policies against this type of installation.  This never happened before I switched to SP2.  Anyone have any ideas what I need to set in order to install this program (which i use constantly) or else can someone just create a different type of installer and send it to me so i can install this program.  Thanks.

I don't know anything about Daemon Tools in Windows XP SP2, but I do know it works perfectly in SP1...

Just start the installer and go to your Windows folder, while setup is still runnning. Go to your Windows folder and look in a folder called _I_don't_remember_ (thought it was "Donwloaded Installations"?) and there you'll find the file "dt3xx.msi", which you can easily install thanks to the right switches. (Look in Application Switches forum)

Contact me if you want me to send dt346.msi.

I already have the msi and everything and I have done daemon unattended many times.  But now its telling me i can't run the program because system policy prevents it.

Ow... Can't help you with that... I'm using Dutch Windows and there's no SP2 out yet... (at least no final)

Sorry, hope someone has already found a solution...

3.44 works with SP2 (I don't know about 3.45 as I don't have a copy of it). 3.46 doesn't, but I think you've noticed this. :) There'll probably be a new version out sometime soon that fixes this little problem.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i have the same problem, when i try to install daemon tool 3.46, it say something about admin policy not allowing it..

I installed Winxp + sp2 unattended with a serie of appz included.

Alcohol 120% did install itslef, but when i try to emulate a cd/dvd rom, i got an error..

so..is it something in sp2 that prevent emulate drives to install ?

i hope there s a fix..