Downloading a ZIP help.

Synapse

I was browsin the net today and came across a zip file i wanted too download. well when i clicked on the link the file download flashed on screen then showed the contents of the file..... I'm guessing my sister or dad had hit open insted of save.

so any zip file i click on it auto downloads and shows the contents of the zip file..... anyone know how too fix that problem? Thanks :)

My own preference (and perhaps not yours!) is to disable Windows XP's built-in zip file support and use a third-party program such as WinZip. If the same is true for you, you can do the following the disable it:

Start --> Run, then type the following in the run box:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

If you later decide to re-enable this feature, then do the following:

Start --> Run, then type the following in the run box:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

- Ravashaak

My own preference (and perhaps not yours!) is to disable Windows XP's built-in zip file support and use a third-party program such as WinZip.

used too use Winzip all the time, but i've found the built in zip decompressor simple and since i'm not making zip files theres no real need for winzip.

but yea, still looking for that option that MCT said, its like trying too find "Waldo" in a dictionary.... :)

yay! just found it. for future refrences i have attached a screenshot of what too check if this happens too any of you.... This can happen with any extension and this fix will fix it. just think if this had happened too an exe file.... : :rolleyes:

1. Click My Computer, click Tools, and then click Folder Options.

2. Click File types, and then highlight a file type.

3. Click Advanced, and then click to select Confirm open after download.

thanks everyone :)