First Attempt at vector art

ok its gonna be quick but vector art is easy enough to pick up anyway.

Load and image of your choice. Make sure its in rgb format. If its not goto Image/Mode/RGB.

Select the colour dropper from the tools menu and take the colour of the main body of the image. Then select the pen tool and trace the outline of the main body using the pen tool and by adjusting the curves using the alt key. Its better if when you do this you turn the transparancy of the layer that you are creating by tracing the original image is set low so you can see better.

Pick out any parts of the image that overlay for example a bekini or whatever and apply the same as above.

Now for the shading, try not to do too much and only pick out necessary shades. This is harder with skintones but i usually use the main body colour then bring up the colour palette and select custom then choose a lower pantone.

Usually its best to use 2 different shades slightly dark and dark.with the latter over the top. click on the eye of your base layer (the first tracing layer and all relevent items above it to make it invisible. Then trace where you think the image needs shading. Once you've got your shading change the transparency to about 10-20%

Sometimes although try not to, use the brush tool where necessary but as i say only if you feel you cant do it using the pen tool. Thats about it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

here it's my first attempt at vector art :lol:

excellent.jpg

i know, i know it's not one of those pretty models and it looks sooo bad, but... the important fact it's that i know how to do the thing :thumbup , and with a little more than 5 minutes it will look good :D