unattended install to big...

well, after going through and trying it once and it working without a hitch, I'm hooked! Now the only problem is where I work, some of the computers do not have dvd roms, and the software does not fit on to a cd rom. So, tell me if this will work... What I'm thinking I'll try is to put the software on a network share and install from there. I'll set the prepare.cmd file to map the network drives. I want to use the RunOnceEx.cmd approach and instead of using %systemdrive%, I'll use the absolute path of the network share. Will this cause any problems since they are not on the local drive? If it will, can I just run a batch file to copy the folders to the root of the fresh install, just like it does from the oem folder on the cd, only over the network, and then run the RunOnceEx.cmd with %systemdrive% path? Hope this all made sense, or maybe someone here has a better idea of how to do this... Thanks!!

Also is there a way to skip the Norton AV 2002 Registration and run liveupdate silently??

is there a way to skip the Norton AV 2002 Registration and run liveupdate silently??

There's lots of discussion taken place about that. Do as MCT says! :)

As for your first proposal, I'd say remove a few things from your CD to cut-down the size. Then try compressing everything one by one (inc. drivers). Then, if nothing else helps, use winPE to install over the network.

interesting option - superbikkel's screenshots (second post there) will hook you, I'm sure - and you'll want to know more about it.

You might like to check out the WinPE sub-forums : MSFN -> Unattended Windows Discussion & Support -> Windows PE

and run liveupdate silently??

you can put the latest virus definitions into the installation source, so when you install it is already up to date (at least definitions).

should just put the files in the VIRUS DEF folder (I think)

Hey, you most certainly can do that. I have my machine install Norton Systemworks 2004 and Visual Studio .NET 2002 from an absolote network path.

The only thing to worry about is making sure that you've joined the domain during the unattended install or else you have to provide credentials when it asks (which defeats the anattended thing)