Doom 3 crashing

GeneralMandible

If it were me, I would first check whether I have the hardware to support Doom3, and then, whether any of it was running out of Spec. (over-clocked).

The NoCD cracks aren't to be trusted very much. I normally make ISO CD-images of my game CDs, and use SoftDisc or Daemon-Tools (google to get their home-page) to emulate the original CD with copy-protection enabled - whenever I have a game which wants a CD in the drive to play.

Hoping this helps.

also.. updating 2 the latest drivers will help ensure higher compatability.. ati has released a beta driver (4.9 catalyst) so users of doom3 could get better compatability :)

regards

today i started playing d3, it is randomly crashing (i'm still at the first moment of the storyline). i don't know what it is causing it (i use the nocd too), but as an idea after crash windows give an error "minimum virtual memory". after incresing it, appears to be no problem.

I'm going to try out the ATI 4.9 beta drivers.  Also running a defrag, file system was pretty bad.  I'll let you know if this works.

I did these things plus upgraded to DirectX 9c ... no crashes! Amazing how the latest drivers seem to cure 99% of problems. Thanks all! :)

I'm going to try out the ATI 4.9 beta drivers.  Also running a defrag, file system was pretty bad.  I'll let you know if this works.

I did these things plus upgraded to DirectX 9c ... no crashes! Amazing how the latest drivers seem to cure 99% of problems. Thanks all! :rolleyes:

after playing with some crashes i decided to install 4.9 for d3 and after reinstall dx9c... no more freezes, no more crashes and more perfomance :)