XP Service Pack 2 IS OUT!

Ropera

The good news actually is that those 25 languages will wait! We can get the english, german, japanese editions far earlier (maybe today?).

But I feel sad for non-English countries.

me 2 :)

I am sorry but I believe 25 languages will be as soon as avaliable in one month, just wait.

I am sorry but I believe 25 languages will be as soon as avaliable in one month, just wait.

Well, as far as I am concerned, just the fact that I need to wait another 24 hours for the US English version of SP2 is hard to digest!

24 HOURS !!!!

Come on, that's a VERY LONG TIME. :)

Geez, when I said "Hang 'em out to dry" I didn't mean masacare the poor soul!

Sorry, Ropera, but at least you brought up something for us to rant about! (You can come back: no one is mad at you!)

P.S. Gotta love that "source", as noted in the update. Somehow I doubt those are Microsoft's words ... Me, I'll believe it when it happens. Otherwise, it sounds like Bostonians, and "This is our year"! (Though I do hope we don't have to wait another 85 years ... )

http://www.winnetmag.com/windowspaulthurro...rott_43510.html

Microsoft will finalize the code for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) sometime today  [August 4, 2004] 

i really doubt these are words from microsoft :)

if microsoft still needs to test sp2 its hard to believe the tomorrow release, as far as i know sp2 was finished 07/30/04 and at this moment they are hard testing the service pack.

as far as i know sp2 was finished 07/30/04 and at this moment they are hard testing the service pack

Exactly!

They will stop with the testing today, and rename (if all goes well) that same day's build as SP2 final. :)

Here's more news, from Mike Brannigan [Microsoft] in the SP2 Beta groups:

"Yes we are preparing for the final release, that will happen soon.

(sorry no official date announced, definitely not the 4th or 5th August as

has been reported by non official sources)"

"Yes we are preparing for the final release, that will happen soon. (sorry no official date announced, definitely not the 4th or 5th August as has been reported by non official sources)"

If that's true, then its going to be pretty dis-appointing. :)

That doesn't look like the most reliable source of information. I say so, because these cracking/foreign-language sites have a strange urge to fudge information.

FYI, try jumping onto any of the warez sites, or P2P networks, and you'll be amazed to see that many of them claim to have "Windows XP SP2 FULL-retail.ISO" and "WinRAR 3.4 final.exe". But on downloading it, they are just RC1, and beta2 respectively, both not even the latest available from the official site.