I did it!!!!!!!!!!

misskellibad1

hey guys! I'm back!

Did you see that movie castaway with Tom Hanks-the part where he makes fire?

haha that's me

I reformatted!!!!!! ha

I couldn't have done it without you guys though!

Thanks alot!!!!

Couple times I got a little worried- it gave 3 choices not 5-and never asked for my recovery disk at all!

Then I had problems re-downloading Norton's.

Everything's good there though.

Now I have a new question:

I waited 30 mins. for windows update and still no updates will show-it sits at 25%-what's up with that?

Is there something else I should have done?

Thanks again in advance you computer Gods:)

hey hey hey....great, Im glad all went well. As far as windowsupdates just keep trying it, sometimes windowsupdates gets bogged down due to traffic. Try in the morning or early afternoon. And let it do its scan. Eventially it should complete it scan and I would have to guess youll probaly have around 20-43 updates to download.

-XPerties

btw I started a thread about what happenes when you dont cleab your system. You should probaly grab a small free app called ad-aware since your brother probaly uses Kazaa or blubster to download music. Ad-aware makes sure you dont have spyware which is stupid small crap thats sneaks and installes itself and keeps track of the website you visist. Read more at there website.....

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

and take a look at the thread....

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t...31997f08a0e8aa0

Thanks again for the advice and the links.

It's so cool that I post and you guys answer right away.

This is the BEST forum I have come across-believe me I've been to hundreds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I can't help you guys out, you've probably forgotten more than I'll ever know! haha :)

Blackwar-thanks for the greeting-what a nice little family atmosphere we have going on here!!!!!!!!!

hahaha

yah weve all pretty much been together dealing with each other s*** for over a year now. We invite anyone to join the family and dont worrie there several people who just like to chat and post funny stuff so stick around , were here to help if need...if not we just screw around!

-Xperties

hey guys! I'm back!

Did you see that movie castaway with Tom Hanks-the part where he makes fire?

haha that's me

I reformatted!!!!!! ha

I couldn't have done it without you guys though!

Thanks alot!!!!

Couple times I got a little worried- it gave 3 choices not 5-and never asked for my recovery disk at all!

Then I had problems re-downloading Norton's.

Everything's good there though.

Now I have a new question:

I waited 30 mins. for windows update and still no updates will show-it sits at 25%-what's up with that?

Is there something else I should have done?

Thanks again in advance you computer Gods:)

I just want to say congrats... :bigok

You have now become addicted to HardwareSoftware. Go tell the wife and kids good by and give them a big hug and kiss because like Tom Hanks you are now on a island where Wilson is your only friend. Look at your monitor and say "Hello Wilson".....

I am just sticking my nose in here, you picked a good place for advise and these folks will do you right. Keep up the good work..........

I guess I should have taken a bit more time in reading the nickname... miss kell i bad 1, miss kelli bad 1, missk elli bad 1 (there is elli in this one). This is why I am not married, I never pay the right kind of attention to the ladies. Oh well this is not the first time I have went home alone.......rofl :)

• 2 weeks later...