More Additional Updates

mmarable

I just created a disk this morning and Windows Update shows 8 critical and 2 recommended patches missing. Any luck in adding these into the download list?

Here they are:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB867801)

Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 SP1 (KB823353)

Critical Update for ADODB.stream (KB870669)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB840315)

Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 (KB842773)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB841873)

Security Update for DirectX 9.0 (KB839643)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB839645)

And these 2 recommended patches:

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (817778)

327979: Recommended Update

Are these going to be added into the download list soon?

They are added once GM has tested them. As he hasn't tested them, they aren't added.

Just download them yourself and put them in.

Also, the Advanced Networking Pack won't work with XPCREATE. And you'll have to do a search for the topic discussing the DX9 update, or you could just download and use DX9c

That reminds me: maybe we are finally done with that 817778 update! Now I just hope I haven't upset too many in the MS LAN department enough to have 'em make another like it! Just remember, you MS guys, it wasn't Spheris' fault, I kinda pushed him into it!

Indeed, SP2 has rendered much of this useless, at least for XP.

DX9C has also eliminated the need for the DX updates on 2K and 2K3. I've not yet added the code to use DX9C, but I have an old version around somewhere that does have it. It seems that the redistributable DX9C CAN be installed silently, which was not the case with DX9B (Thanks, Spheris!). However, the file size is considerably larger. Then again, we will be able to download this directly from MS.

So ... it's a case of give a little, take a little. I expect to have this sorted out sometime in the begining of September.

You got it! I used to spit out more frequent updates, but the June 11 one is holding up pretty nice, the only real error's coming from those troublesome hotfix lists, and determining the local source version. Now that I think of it, perhaps that should be a user defined setting, or at least a user overrideable setting.

Anyway, as my Old Man has long taught me ... patience builds character!