Having problems? Look here!

Wraith

Now, going off the subject, you'd think that this is a post where I'm not angry or annoyed.

Well, that's partly true, but only very slightly.

I'm quite annoyed that people don't even do the most simple things.

Here's what you do when you have a problem:

• Search the bloody forum first. Please, please, please search.
  • Make a logfile. I see people complaining that things don't work, yet they don't even create a logfile to get the smallest clue as to why. XPlode.exe /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\XPlode.log"
  • READ the logfile. Go to the place where it's going wrong and look WHY.
  • If it's a problem where an application isn't running properly, check the arguments. Certain people seem to have no problem at all using it, and there's no reason why it will work on some, but not others. It's almost ALWAYS user error.
  • If these STILL don't answer your question, THEN post.
  • When posting a problem, be as descriptive as is humanly possible, preferably zip up your XML and your logfile, and attach it to the post.
  • Can I ask the "helpers", if a problem doesn't follow these, leave the post alone, and I'll put a note and close it.

If people don't follow these, I will close your topics.

If there is anyone who wishes to add anything, post below.

Have a nice day!

I totally agree.

Now if only this would be effective in the Unattend forum. But then again, most people not know how to use the search properly. They spend 3 minutes on one search, give up, and claim they've searched.

I find most problems with most things, to be user error. If you are having a problem. Don't just assume you're right. If you mistyped something, it is user error, not switch error.