Having trouble with Flash download

Bodhammer

I searched and read the posts about flash. I tried to manually download it from the links in the other threads but I still have the problems:

-- 19:51:03 --> Looking for CD Source.
-- 19:51:03 --> Create local CD Source
-- 19:51:04 --> Trying to extract the Boot Image.
-- 19:51:04 --> Setting up Run-Time Variables.
-- 19:51:04 --> Listing Hotfixes and Updates.
-- 19:51:04 --> Removing Previous Creation Directories.
-- 19:51:04 --> Removing TEMP Files.
-- 19:51:05 --> Creating TEMP directories.
-- 19:51:05 --> Determine Source Version.
-- 19:51:05 --> Found Source Version: XPP
-- 19:51:05 --> Found Minor Version: 1
-- 19:51:05 --> Found Service Pack Version: 0
-- 19:51:05 --> Found Language Version: ENU
-- 19:51:05 --> Found Localization Version: English
-- 19:51:05 --> Hotfix Directory used: SP1
-- 19:51:05 --> Downloading Hotfix List.
-- 19:51:08 --> Source not up to date. Need Service Pack.
-- 19:51:08 --> Found local Service Pack. Will not download.
-- 19:51:11 --> Downloading: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab
-- 19:51:19 --> Listing Hotfixes and Updates.
    Error: "Download Error: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab"
    Press Enter to Exit.

This is from the logs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- 19:59:37 -- Downloading: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- 19:59:44 -- MD5 Error. Got [0C146DCEE8A07EBA456587324F3922FD], expected [1ef07bc1ae13ea565a25a3732fd4a694].

I have tried downloading the swflash.cab file and also canceling the download but I can't seem to get past this.

I changed DLautoto no and it's continuing on. I've run this multiple times, would swflash.cab be the only thing I'm missing?

Some comments from a Dev Team member was that the Flash will be left out of the next update list. Why? It isn't a critical update, nor is it even a download from MS-Update.... and because so many people are having problems.

I got around this two ways.

1st: After downloading all the updates, and failing during the flash update, change the DLAUTO to NO (found in the XPCREATE.INI. Now you can continue.

2nd: Manually download SWFLASH.CAB and place into the SVC-SWF folder. Change permissions on file to READ ONLY. Now you can continue.

Hope this helps..... this is my first post in an attempt TO help instead of ASKING for help!

Souka

I got around this two ways. 

1st:  After downloading all the updates, and failing during the flash update, change the DLAUTO to NO (found in the XPCREATE.INI.  Now you can continue.

2nd:  Manually download SWFLASH.CAB and place into the SVC-SWF folder.  Change permissions on file to READ ONLY.  Now you can continue. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I did your steps but I didn't change the RW permissions and it seemed to complete.

Thanks,

Bod

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Bodhammer, SWFLASH should be the only thing missing. It will be deleted from the list: it seems to change too often. Too much work, too little return. The option to add it yourself will continue to function.

Thanks, Souka, for pitching in!

What you may consider is adding a link on your site on the hotfix page to download it. I"m not sure if it's there already.....but.....since you're removing it but still having the entry in the "Current Hotfix" list....

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to bring this old topic back but i just downloaded the program and had the same error while trying to make a Win XP Home cd.

i wouldnt mind just taking it out but cant seem to fine the file to comment it out.

any help would be great.

Thanks

the two option involve getting this to install, the computers that i am using this for do not nesicaraly need this update, and i do need it to be a fully automatic thing goign from starting with a new empty folder set, ripping the OS cd and then burrnign an iso.