AUTORUN folder?

i am trying to make a bootable windows2003 enterprise/standard cd. but in order to that i need to create a folder with the necessary bootdrivers (3ENT/3STD).

I like to know how to do that, how do i know which driver to put in those folders?

If your still interested in an Autoplay menu I am currently editing one I have made, here is a link to the help file, if you want to try it, post, and I'll upload the files, probably about 4 meg in total

You may get the bug and want to try one yourself

i am trying to make a bootable windows2003 enterprise/standard cd. but in order to that i need to create a folder with the necessary bootdrivers (3ENT/3STD).

I like to know how to do that, how do i know which driver to put in those folders?

check flyakite's website

flyakite.msfnhosting.com

the reason the APM file can't be open is because it's compiled. It'd be like opening a C++ compiled program in a C++ editor and expecting to see teh source code.

As for Autorun's....

the easiest thing I've found is to make a webpage and compile it to an EXE.

As for Autorun's....

the easiest thing I've found is to make a webpage and compile it to an EXE.

Cool!!!!

Absolutely fantastic, easy to maintain, and runs everywhere. Now, why didn't I think of it before.....

EDIT:

Just now noticed that Alanoll compiles HTML to an EXE (is it possible at all ?) - that's not really of use in my opinion. Hey Alanoll, make your HTML - then rename the extension to .HTA - you will not bother about EXEs anymore. The HTA is "HTml Application" which will get run by IE as an independent app (with only title-bar and content showing).

phew - I'm still reeling from the impact of this idea.

To run anything other than an EXE from your autorun, you can do it this way:

[AutoRun]
open=setup.hta
icon=AutoPlay\Icons\setup.ico

shell\info=&Important Information
shell\info\command=explorer .\Extras\README.html

Sheesh! never mind..... It seems that HTAs are treated on par with EXEs, no need to jump through hoops.

Anyway, the autorun example above shows how to get an extra context (right-click) option for the removable drive which has an Autorun.inf in its directory root. I hope it helps some people for their CDs.