AUTORUN folder?

Hello everyone, i have recently acquired a Windows 2000 SP4 4in1 multiboot cdrom. Inside there is a folder called AUTORUN and in it are a lotta files. i'd like to know what these are, and how i can make m own setup.exe like this one in here, see my screenshots for more details.

post-82-1089995628_thumb.jpg

My guess is its been built from scratch to run their programs, the exe, and there should be an apm file, are encrypted on compile, the background is a bitmap or jpg renamed by the program, probably menu1.bah or the dah files.

Buttons can be images that have a rollover effect, i.e change on mouseover, 2 or 3 different pictures are used to produce the effect, or they could be just text objects, hard to tell from the picture or without seeing it working.The text on the right can be set to change as you move over the different buttons on the left and the executables that run are at their most basic level, browsed to, then the path is setup in the apm file

yes there is a apm file, but if u say that this has been built with autoplay media studio, howcome im am not able to open any of these files that are in the autorun menu. I have installed an eval. version of autoplay media studio.

and by the way what do u mean in your first reply by IMHO?

The project files, at least for version 4, end with am4, and editing cannot be done without these am4 files.The extensions of the files used in the project are renamed by the Autoplay program, this is I assume , just to discourage the end user from editing, or tampering with them, if you know the original extension you should be able to rename them or open them with the appropriate program.

IMHO is just short for In My Humble Opinion.

As far as I Know there are no guides, there are examples in the help file and some examples on the Indigo Rose website, but I wouldn't post there if you haven't bought the software but are using it via dodgy methods as they ask for your key sometimes to verify.

I have only used version 4, trialed version 5 and they changed the whole layout, so need a few spare months of trial and error to learn, thats how I learnt before.Just set aside the rest of your life to learn and you should be ok :)

Just noticed the links at the top of the page advertising various other menu creators, if you don't want anything to complex you could try a more simpler program, to get the gist, then advance to APMS (Autoplay Media)

Do u have a suggestion for an autorun program that fairly easy to use and with great results?

Just quickly offtopic: is cdshell better than bootscriptor, and if so does the bootscriptor scripting language apply for cdshell as well?

I have only ever really used Autoplay, prior to that I spent £300 on Visual Basic books and software only to realise it cant create standalone exe's :) should have gone with C++, before that I edited an basic autorun menu that I copied from a PC Pro magazine CD, that is 7 years old, a disclaimer pops up about the use of the free software and then an about box, but it still works on XP, if you want it let me know (63k) zipped up, bit basic and it might only run exe's (Picture Attached)

I haven't touched APMS for a while 'cos the menu I made has been fine, maybe now my disc is finished I might have a tinker.

post-82-1090096640_thumb.jpg

Just quickly offtopic: is cdshell better than bootscriptor, and if so does the bootscriptor scripting language apply for cdshell as well?

Does anyone an answer to this.

Well I would say, that EasyBoot 5.0 here is better than either of them.

Does anyone an answer to this.

Well I would say, that EasyBoot 5.0 here is better than either of them.