MAC-world news

LS_Dragons

Finally - the Mac addicts have a bit of news from Stevie that might p*** them off. Apple unveils new services - similar to the dot NET services - but the kicker - they will cost:

"A bigger issue, however, is the new Apple .Mac (dot mac) services, a name that Jobs openly admitted is meant to sound like Microsoft .NET. .Mac replaces the old iTools set of services, with one crucial

difference: iTools was free, but .Mac costs a whopping $100 per year. For this price, users get 15MB of email storage space, a Web-based home-page creator, 100MB of online storage space, access to backup and virus-protection software, and a special support area "for members only." When the company's new iCal calendaring software becomes available this fall, .Mac members will also get access to online calendar publishing and subscribing, which lets iCal users share their schedules with others."

Yeah -- Poooooooooor Apple

Lower hardware prices to try to keep their tiny market share, and try to make up the revenue with software pricing. Another item I didn't mention in the original post is that the next version of OS X -- OS 10.2 will cost $129 for EVERYONE - even current users of OS X. No upgrade pricing.

LS

Mac costs a whopping $100 per year. For this price, users get 15MB of email storage space, a Web-based home-page creator, 100MB of online storage space, access to backup and virus-protection software, and a special support area "for members only." When the company's new iCal calendaring software becomes available this fall

sounds about as useful as the "over a thousand pounds worth of free software" i got with my packard bell pc :)

btw ignorance isnt bliss the **** fookers ripped me orf! if only i knew as much about pc's then as i do now :rolleyes: