Daemon Tools Add New Hardware Wizard trouble

Hello all

I'm installing Daemon Tools 346 from RunOnceEx with this code

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Daemon Tools 3.46" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dt\dt346.msi /qb REBOOT=Suppress" /f

This works fine. The problem is the Found New Hardware Wizard kicks in and says it has detected a SCSI controller. I then have to click next and then finish for it to install. I though of using a vbs script, but it would probably be messy as the time it takes for the wizard to pop up can vary.

Is there a way to stop the wizard from appearing? To have windows find the driver automatically and install it with out asking?

Thanks

what about a reg file 2 disable hardware wizard, (before u install that) then once its finished add another reg tweak 2 re enable it?

regards

That's what I was thinking, but I can't seem to find a reg to do the job. It be nice to have that wizard not come up.

The reg tweaks thread is getting huge, is there a way to search per thread?

Could you point me to one?

Thanks

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Had a bit of a look around in the same area of the reg but nothing stands out. Maybe this will do it, although I think this is more to do with checking the internet for an unkown device driver.

Cheers

You could use AutoIt to get rid of the wizard window.

But the main question is why does the wizard appear in the first place?

Do you use nLite or some registry tweaks to remove files/drivers?

Have you tried it on a pure unattended installation with just the Daemon Tools installer?

ZoSTeR that's what I can't work out, why the wizard appears in the first place. Normally windows would just detect the SCSI controller and automatically install driver anyway. For some reason it doesn't it asks me to choose automatically find or specify location.

I've gone through all my regtweaks and can't see anything that could be doing it. Not running nLite either.

Maybe it's something in winnt.sif - is there any command in there that could cause this? The only thing that sounds remotely related is DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore, don't know how that could be affecting it.

AutoIT looks like it would require too much fiddling to do this, I've been working on this all weekend and I am not function 100% atm.

an easier alternative would probly be taskkill

goto cmd and type taskkill /? for a list of switches

driversigning policy only allows windows 2 use 3rdparty drivers, it shouldnt cause that, same if u were 2 goto control panel > system > hardware tab > driver signing > ignore

regards

I have come accross this same issue....

but i found that the policy of "ignore it and it will go away" applies

i don't know if windows has a timeout for such things but it does disappear after a time (before runonceex completes) with no side effects, daemon tools works fine without even rebooting.