Sillently install Applications in different drive

yadzil

Hi there,

I'm new here. I really intrested about silently install applications with xp setup. I like to ask a questions. In most guide seem that only mention install the program or applications in the same drive where the windows xp installed. How can I sillently install the applications in different drive? Example, I install windows in C:\Windows and I like to install my applications like office, winamp and others in D:\ (I make different partiton for operating system and installed application). I hope there is someone can help me . I like to make unattended xp cd with sillent applications intall in different drive where the windows xp installed. Thanks for your time.

Thanks MCT, but how do I change the target directory while silent install? There must be some script to change the directory.

Where can I get the InstallRite? I click the link below your message but it direct me to unattended homepage.

Thanks again.

I think your best guest would be to change the default Program Files location

I do not mean to relocate it because this is kind of messy but you can change the value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir from C:\Program files to D:\Program files

applications that you install look at this key to know where to go by default...

I'm not totally sure this will work in 100% of the cases but i do use this and it works for me !

anyway Hope this helps!

Marc

If you know the name of the Program Files folder and it's partition beforehand the easiest way is to add this to the winnt.sif:

[Unattended]
ProgramFilesDir="D:\My Program Files"
CommonProgramFilesDir="D:\My Program Files\My Common Files"

If you want to change it after setup has begun you can modify the registry as mapoupier mentioned but this will f*ck up IE/OE because they use the variable %ProgramFiles% in their paths.

Look at this thread for a solution.