start>start up folder

i've tried putting shortcuts in the C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Startup folder, but they don't end up in the start menu after the install finishes. is the only way around this to make a batch file that manually copy shortcuts?

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L:) do if exist %%i\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i
xcopy "%cdrom%\shortcut\*.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\startup" /V

that will copy shortcuts from a folder named "shortcut" from the cd into the all users startup folder...

however, if you are using this method to install programs you are doing it the wrong way... the correct way to run program installs is from runonce or other such methods (not the startup folder)

if you are doing it to install a program such as "Folding@Home" you can do what I do:

@echo off
mkdir "%systemdrive%\Program Files\FAH"
move "%systemdrive%\Folding\FAH.lnk" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
copy "%systemdrive%\Folding\*.*" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\FAH"

Crusher,Jun 16 2004, 10:21 PM]
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L:) do if exist %%i\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i
xcopy "%cdrom%\shortcut\*.lnk" "%allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\startup" /V

that will copy shortcuts from a folder named "shortcut" from the cd into the all users startup folder...

however, if you are using this method to install programs you are doing it the wrong way... the correct way to run program installs is from runonce or other such methods (not the startup folder)

that was how i was thinking to fall back on. i'm using this for a couple of the program where i only have to copy the install directory into the $progs folder, or programs that don't start themsevles automatically.