Gosh's reduced source & CdShell.

Aviator747

If you already have a BOOT folder on the root of the CD then you have have 2 solutions:

1)rename the BOOT folder to a name you want

(just follow GOSH's guide and in the part you hexedit and replace i386 with BOOT

change BOOT to another name for example BXP ).

2) or rename the cdshell folder.This is covered here somewhere:

www.flyakite.msfnhosting.com

in the LongHorn section.

Hope it helps.

or you could do....

(background first)

the flyakite guide partially uses teh Reduce Source method to get it's boot folders

(end of background)

alrighty then, you solved your boot folder problem. No jsut copy the other folder ~LS i believe to someplace in your structure, and point TXTSETUP.SIF to it instead of the original.

Bravo, you're done.

he's using an older version of CDSHell where the boot folder is still called BOOT, and accroding to Gosh's reduce source method, the new boot folder should be called BOOT.....hence where the problem arises.

The boot folder does NOT need to be called BOOT, but it does nned to be called a FOUR letter word, and hex THAT into the files Gosh tells you instead of BOOT>

I downloaded CD Shell 2.0.16b & inside the archive. The folder is called boot, which contains all of the cdshell files.

Now I am wondering if I should use Gosh's method for reducing source. Or just stick with Nlite.

nLite and then recude source isn't gonna save you all that much more space....

as for the boot folder, all those CDShell files, cdshw.com and the ini file and what not should be in a folder called CDSH.

oh yeah.....

still, instead of editing two sets of files, just edit one....

Rename the BOOT folder from WinXP to XPPR or something, and edit it's files to XPPR instead of BOOT like Gosh's guide says. Then just add the dat file to your CDShell menu.

Then the CDShell files, go in BOOT without any editing. I made an error in the last post, CDSH was the folder it USED to be called, then the creators changed it.