My CPU's temperature

DarkPhoenix

Hi guys.

I have a question. My CPU runs at a stable 55-58°C, which I find to be rather.. um.. hot. My fan runs at ~2950 RPM and my room temperature is usually between 25-35°C during summer, which it is now.. anyway, is this bad for my CPU? The program that tracks my CPU heat (PCAlert4) has set the threshold to 75°C.. but still.. I see others say they have somewhere between 30-50°C, usually lower.. and so I figured mine might be too warm... I think I'll buy a new one. What do you think?

It's an AMD... and I sorta have decided to buy a new one anyway... yesterday I unscrewed my fan from the heat sink... and there was a ton of dust in there.. so I removed that, and screwed the fan back on... and now it runs at about 45-46°C...still, I'd like a new one. Maybe I'll even go for water-cooling, just for the coolness of it. :)

It's an AMD... and I sorta have decided to buy a new one anyway... yesterday I unscrewed my fan from the heat sink... and there was a ton of dust in there.. so I removed that, and screwed the fan back on... and now it runs at about 45-46°C...still, I'd like a new one. Maybe I'll even go for water-cooling, just for the coolness of it. :)

MAte thats not a bad temp on an AMD at all.

If your concerned with the temp get yourself a nice zalman, vantec or thermaltake Heatsink and that will solve most all your issues.

You also may want to increase the airflow in the case as awhole..getting a front and back fan could help abit aswell

|Drew|

Actually, I have to keep my cabinet cover off, else it reaches 65-75°C... which is way above my accepted limit... so there's no need to talk about airflow in my case, since there is none... lol :)

I would reccomend cutting out air vents in the back of the cabinate and even installing small fans there..

I have seen many untimly death of computers due to conjested cabinets.

|Drew|

You know, once I get excess money, this is what I'll do, by priority, 1 being most important, and 5 being least

1) Get a very decent CPU fan (ordered one already, a Thermaltake Volcano 11+. (meant for a lot more than 2200+'es, which I have)

2) Get S-ATA drives and controllers or at least get rounded IDE-cables, so the the usually flat-cables don't supress the air flow.

3) Get fans pulling air in in the front, and get fans pulling air out in the back.

4) Get a new cabinet, one that is made for providing a better air flow.

5) Replace the whole fan-crap with a water-cooling system, for both a quiter and (I believe) cooler system. Cooler as in heat, not as in awesomeness. Although it is cool having a water-cooled system. :)

Actually, I have to keep my cabinet cover off, else it reaches 65-75°C... which is way above my accepted limit... so there's no need to talk about airflow in my case, since there is none... lol :D

I would reccomend cutting out air vents in the back of the cabinate and even installing small fans there..

I have seen many untimly death of computers due to conjested cabinets.

|Drew|

I belive it is better to cut/drill out ventilation in the celing of the cabinet, and install a fan up there. The fan does not need to shovel around lots of air. (so you can use a quiet fan :) ). A fan placed there causes good airflow within the cabinet and it also sucks out the hot air traveling upwards :rolleyes:

i have a volcano 12+ (usually between 4000rpms because more rpms means an annoying noise). with no aditional cooling 40º-50º in winter. later i bought 2 fans front, 2 fans left and a fan in the side. and i got from 36º-45º. the most important it's that the agp card has note the change (the side fan do the job from 46º to 37º). the fans are lighten and they give a cool look :) . the answer it's that your temps are not too higher but expending a few bucks can help u a lot and will take up the life of your processor/hardware.