DirectX 9.0c

Erlkönig

Hi,

whats the difference between DirectX 9.0b and DirectX 9.0c,

is there a performance increase.

Greetings,

Erlkönig

I read it somewhere... It will come with SP2 and has support for PixelShader 3.0 (which comes with the new generation of graphics cards)

In my opinion it's totally useless to integrate this already. First of all it hasn't been officially released and have YOU got an X800pro or a 6800 Ultra?

I read it somewhere... It will come with SP2 and has support for PixelShader 3.0 (which comes with the new generation of graphics cards)

In my opinion it's totally useless to integrate this already. First of all it hasn't been officially released and have YOU got an X800pro or a 6800 Ultra?

:) unfortunally i dont have such a card :rolleyes:

i asked because, it is integrated in sp2 build 2138, which was officially released by microsoft, and i wasn't sure if this is a reason to switch from sp2 build 2096(rc1) to build 2138.

Greetings,

Erlkönig

hi there

i'm sure there is going to be some sort of performance increase in 9c but u probably won't recognize it.

one way or another all the new games will make u install it as well as recent drivers

Actually, I read that ATi's X800 doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0 (they didn't think it was that important and figured the card would go faster without it). So unless you have a GeForce 6800, it's going to be fairly useless. Btw, hello everyone this is my first post :)

my friend said 9.0c is faster and has better shading, he said since i have an older card (radeon 7000) i probly wont notice much of a graphic increase, but a slight performance increase

i havent tested it yet for myself since im waiting for sp2 to be out in full b4 i test it

:)