What interest is there in Unattended Windows 9X?

the product key is input from the file, and that works fine

however, I did need to be there for the initial login, and it seems for something else as well.

But it still beats standing there for most of the install process.

I'll get used to 2 click installs

So, how did you manage to get past Product Key and Identification pages without having to click the "Next" button? I thought that the display of the page was by design to ensure that legitimately licensed installs were forced upon you

Nopes, its not a necessity to see the product key and Identification pages. Those pages can be automated as well. I have a completely automated setup. Why don't you try downloading the MSBATCH.INF file that I attached in that post, and customize it with your key?

Nopes, its not a necessity to see the product key and Identification pages. Those pages can be automated as well. I have a completely automated setup. Why don't you try downloading the MSBATCH.INF file that I attached in that post, and customize it with your key?

Tried your MSBATCH.INF with my product key and it still displays the User Info, EULA, and Product Key pages. I'm thinking there's something else going on here... :)

Tried your MSBATCH.INF with my product key and it still displays the User Info, EULA, and Product Key pages. I'm thinking there's something else going on here... :)

It will work fine with a retail edition - maybe you have an OEM version (compaq/dell) of it - if so, it won't work without interruptions.

With OEM versions neither the switch setup.exe /iw nor ShowEula=0 in the msbatch.inf don't help, but Ypsos posted his msbatch.inf and with that it works also for OEM versions.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=21230

In the section [OPKInstall] he added the following lines:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","ProductId",,12345-OEM-1234567-12345
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","ProductKey",,ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO-PQRST-UVWXY
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","RegisteredOwner",,User
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","RegisteredOrganization",,none

Insert your Product Key and it should work.

Don't forget to add the section to your Install section

[Install]
AddReg=OPKInstall,.....

I also use ShowEula=0 in the [setup] section and the switch /iw for setup.exe (along with others)

• 3 years later...
Windows 98 running extremely fast on a 3.2 ghz P4. Trust me.....wow.

But it's those darn older games that got their speed from the processor clock. The faster the processor the faster teh game....

CPUKiller is a good proggie for that.

But what most people don't understand about Windows 98, when XP has truly become mainstream, Windows 98 may still be vulnerable, but it won't be exploited nearly as much.

I couldnt get 98 to run on my computer :P - it has too much memory... just crashes at startup