integrating NIC drivers in Textmode

marektyc

Hello,

Who knows a working sollution to add thirt party (intel pro 100 and pro 1000) nic-drivers to the textsetup of windows xp.

The textsetup doesn't recognize my onboard intel pro 1000 nic.

Who can help me?

It works for my Intel E1000 Gigabit onboard NIC - just add the XP drivers to a folder under the $oem$\$1\Drivers sub-directory (mine is 002LAN), and have the OEMPreinstall=Yes and OEMDriversPath=Drivers\002LAN (among others) in winnt.sif.

I did what you've described but i get the following error:

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Windows Setup

==========

The operating system image you selected does not contain the

necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting

a different operating system image. If the problem persists,

contact your system administrator.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

My SIF file: in red you see the nic drivers i need to have in windows

Note: I also reloaded the BINL service on the ris server

I don't get it.... :D:D:rolleyes::)

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemFilesPath=\\%servername%\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WinXPProSP1\$OEM$

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_DELL_Dimension2400\AUDIO;Drivers\000_DELL_Dimension2400\NETWORK;Drivers\000_DELL_Dimension2400\SYSTEM;Drivers\000_DELL_Dimension2400\VIDEO;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\AUDIO;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\NETWORK;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\SATA;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\SYSTEM;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\USB;Drivers\000_DELL_Precision360\VIDEO;Drivers\001_NIC\BROADCOM440X;Drivers\001_NIC\INTELPRO100;Drivers\001_NIC\INTELPRO1000;Drivers\002_VIDEO\INTEL;Drivers\002_VIDEO\MATROX;Drivers\002_VIDEO\NVIDIA;Drivers\003_MONITOR\EIZO;Drivers\003_MONITOR\IIYAMA;Drivers\004_SND_ASUS;Drivers\004_SND_EXTIGY;Drivers\005_USB_Conc_usb20"

• 2 weeks later...
Who knows a working sollution to add thirt party (intel pro 100 and pro 1000) nic-drivers to the textsetup of windows xp.

I had the same problem w/ onboard nic. I added the nic (*.sys & *.cat) files to the i386 folder. That worked for me.