cannot create new folder in dialog box

this has been s***ting me off for a few weeks now... i've been sifting through my registry file and cannot find anything that would have done this..

in an open/save dialog box, if I click the icon for 'New Folder' nothing happens (if I right click and go New->Folder it works fine)

has anyone found this problem before?

here's my regtweaks.reg (it's very long)

regtweaks.reg

Edited by xper

i can't think what else it would be... all i really have on my cd are the following:

1) registry tweaks

2) hacked uxtheme.dll

3) applications (nero6, powerdvd5, clonecd, winamp5, winrar3.3, etc etc)

4) drivers

5) corona visual style

it does it for my SP1 disk, SP1a disk and SP2-RC1 disk... it couldn't be the uxtheme.dll could it? everyone else is using it too?

I wouldn't think the uxtheme.dll would cause that. Maybe the actual theme you're using? I highly doubt that would be the problem but you never know... I've seen some pretty funky themes that did weird things.

didn't answer my question. :) but judging from your response, I would guess that you haven't. Maybe try? If it doesn't work, then we know it's not the regfile and that saves having to go through it finding the problem which could be very tedious.

i don't think i've tried installing without the reg tweaks..

i'm actually installing windows on a machine at the moment (sp2 rc1)... when WPI comes up on the screen, I will be sure to un-tick the Registry Tweaks option... i'll let it install without any of the reg tweaks and see if it still does it..

In the future, for the consideration of every middle finger out there (or more commonly known as, Fingerus Scrollus Buttonious), please attach your tweak files using the attachment options, or host it externally.

We most certainly don't need to scroll through 915+ lines of text.

I just finished installing SP2 RC1 unattended on this computer here..

I didn't enable the registry tweaks during installation and sure enough I can create a new folder from an open/save dialog box...

so then, i ran the reg tweak file.... and i can still make a new folder? hahah this is silly :)

Well , i must say that over here at my newly unattend install i have exactly the same problem as you have!

The "create new folder"button doesn't work but the right click option goes fine!!??

I did already gave up on this thing, so i'm very happy (?) to hear that i'm not the only one. This my custom cd, basically the same as Crusher:

1) registry tweaks

2) hacked uxtheme.dll

3) applications (only winrar3.3)

4) drivers

5) custom visual style

Think this will be a hard one, because if this is caused by a registry tweak, there must be lots people on MSFN that suffer the same thing. That's because most of us use all the same regtweaks. I didn't found out why this happend so hopefully someone can help out to correct this very annoying little problem.

RegTweaks.reg