unatended install registry edits

i already tried to run it like that but it didn't seem to work, the RunOnceEx.cmd runs ok but not the registry tweaks.

see my regtweaks.reg file attached any sugestions would be appreciated

Your regtweaks seem ok to me. Are you sure it didn't apply? Check for typing errors in filenames and in cmdlines.txt...

i just did anoter install and checked the values that should have been applied in the registry and they have not been changed.

Cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S RegTweaks.reg"

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

runonceex runs ok but the registry edits dont

I cannot tell you why but ... create a new .reg file with one single and obvious tweak, and try again. If that did not work, it is safe to say that the .reg file is not actually found. Alternativly, you caould call the .reg file from your .cmd file, which you know works, and call it and log it, as such:

REGEDIT /S RegTweaks.reg > C:\REG.LOG

So ... First question: is the file ever found? Second: is it run? No use looking for errors in a .reg file if it is not run (no, I did not look at the file ... )

Track that part down, and post your findings.

The "regedit /s regtweaks.reg" command would only work if the .reg file file was actually in the same directory as regedit, or am I missing something about how regedit runs? i.e. shouldn't it be regedit /s c:\install\regtweaks.reg or something, with the full path name?

Does the reg file work when you actually double/single click it (whichever method you have for clicking mode)? i.e. does it ask "do you wish to add this data to the registry?"?

That's all I can think of for it to not work. EDIT - unless you saved it as a txt file or something when working on it through notepad?

the regfile has to be in the working directory in that case.

Essentially "regedit /s regtweaks.reg" is expanded to "C:\windows\regedit.exe /s regtweaks.reg" because of the %PATH% environment variable.

Of course, you could always put the directory that the regfile is stored in %PATH% and it could be done from anywhere. In theory.

If you did that on a real install, that is fine, The log will be empty. So, REGEDIT does get run. Did you put one simple tweak in there to see if it took? Did it take? If not, your file is either incorrectly named, in the wrong place, or has an error. Be sure the name is correct, and the .reg file is placed in the same directory as CMDLINES.TXT. There is not much more to it ...

To be sure, you could change "REGEDIT /S RegTweaks.reg" to "REGEDIT /S .\RegTweaks.reg"

EDIT: It don't always work that way. How REGEDIT searches for the .reg file is not necessarily the same as how the command interpreter searches for REGEDIT. The interpreter knows %PATH%, REGEDIT may not (many programs do not ... )