Re-Inventing the wheel

DerRickster

I'm getting read copy errors during the install. Has anyone had any similiar problems? Twice I had this particular problem. Both times it has been with two files per incident and they were different. This time they are

dskoui_w.chm

vcmd.ex_

I'm going to delete the xpcreate directory to do a clean install of the batch directory and I' going to use a Nero to erase my CDRW. Could that be the problem....using a CDRW disc?. These can be so unreliable from my experience.

Anyone else has any suggestions?..... :)

I will also update the ASPI layer.

I dunno, I got alot of read copy errors on a new computer I built last night. it ended up being the RAM chip (there was only one in there). I replaced it with another I had lying around, and install went flawless.

talking about RAM chips....get a load of this...I bought Cosair Value PC2700 from Newegg....installed it and ran the SoftSandra Pro. The Ram is actually PC3200.

This is what it says.... VS512MB400 512MD 16x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC3200U-2533-600..... :)

It's retail....came with the box. The box stays it's pc2700. My bios reads it as pc3200. Accordingly to newegg reviews the pc3200 isn't as good as pc2700. So cosair might of mispackaged it...they they underclocked it...it would read it as pc2700 right?...

Instead of creating a new thread I just continue to post to this one...got a question...whe the xpcreate batch is runing and it's recompressing the cabs...does that operation take up a lot of cpu....cause my computer becomes a bottleneck..... :)

I'm getting read copy errors during the install.

One of the possible problems is that the drive has troubles with reading the CD. So it's either bad media (bad burn) or an old drive with a durty lens.

The funniest thing....after I spent many long hours working on this thing for windows 2000 and finally being successful at it I decided to upgrade to Windows XP home edition.... :rolleyes: .... :) ... :D

are their any hotfixes I can use for XP from Win2k?

Price is the issue. What is the difference between the two. I'm just going to play games and maybe do my digital art. I went ahead and cancelled the order. Newegg has a special that ends tomorrow for XP Pro for 140.00 So Greenmachine give me a convincing arguement on why I should purchase XP Pro....Thanks

I admit, I've never actually used it ... but I have had the opportunity to try to configure it more than once. The network, and by that I mean Internet, LAN, File Sharing, etc, has given me nothing but trouble. I'm sure I have lost hours trying to get things working in Home that I was never even aware I had done in Pro.

That's about all I can tell you, because I have such a dislike for it, I now refuse to even look. Perhaps someone will come to it's defense, but not me!