is my amd 1800 overheating...

ceez

Zup peeps,

I downloaded a system monitor util called smartguardian for my soltek mobo from their website.

Temp:

it shows two different temps, 1 and 2

Temp1 = 55ºC

Temp2 = 201ºC <- this # is on RED!!!

Fan Sped

It also show current voltage:

VCORE = 1.79v +5 = 4.78v

VCC3 = 3.29v +12 = 12.35v

Are these numbers ok? My system has neve ran bad and i've had this setup for exactly 2 years. I did maintenance on my pc a week ago, I vacuumed the fans/heatsinks and case...dust-bunnies are gone!

thkz for your input

Sounds like buggy software to me. If the second temp was accurate your machine would have already died a very ugly death...

Do not trust 3rd party monitoring apps. What does your system BIOS report for System Health?

Marsden, thanks for the reply. What is the average temp for a cpu then running 1.5ghz? (AMD 1800). Why would it have two temperature readings? Assume one for the CPU and one for the mobo chip? Any other 3rd party app that you suggest, or just dont trust em'?

I'll check my bios readings later.

I had noticed on a system I just built for a friend, the the this particular mobo had a jumper for the temp sensor. One position for a .18u chips, and the other position for .13u chips. The board was the XFX Mach4 (NF2 Ultra). Maybe your boards temp sensor is calibrated for a different micron chip that you have installed?