Finding out registry tweaks

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if anyone of you know how to find out a registry tweak for yourself without having to ask someone the command and by that i mean like if you want internet explorer to start with a blank screen instead of a page. How do i find out which registry tweak i should use?? ok maybe this tweak is usual and people already know the solution to it but i think you know what i mean. What do i have to use to come up with these different kind of tweaks? Anyone?

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if anyone of you know how to find out a registry tweak for yourself without having to ask someone the command and by that i mean like if you want internet explorer to start with a blank screen instead of a page. How do i find out which registry tweak i should use?? ok maybe this tweak is usual and people already know the solution to it but i think you know what i mean. What do i have to use to come up with these different kind of tweaks? Anyone?

If you've downloaded the deployment tools you could look in the deploy.chm for 'winnt.sif'. Somewhere in the info about winnt.sif is shown how you can set up your homepage.

And please be more obvious in what you say! Use more spaces, points, etc.

The easy way to discover the registry setting for something is to use a "snapshot" program like Advanced Registry Tracer, which will allow you to take before and after shots of your registry and compare the two for differences (in other words, take a shot of the registry, make the setting change that you want to discover, take another shot, then have it compare the two for the difference). And as Bâshrat pointed out, some of the settings you want to change can be configured in your winnt.sif file rather than through registry entries.

set your internet explorer options through the winnt.sif file!

that is the easiest and best way... read the REF.CHM from the deployment tools for information about what settings to change (look in the unattend.txt section, in IEBranding or whatever it was called)