Question about winnt.sif

first this is my first post, thank u to all of you because make this lot of easier. i follow the guide "unattended xp cd" from this site but now that it's hour to test i found a problem. i use my other pc running w98se, copy the installation cd to it's hard disk and select "advanced installation" (no update). the problem it's start asking the cdkey that i also include in the winnt.sif and i'm sure the file it's correct in sintaxis. it's the winnt.sif only loaded on autoboot?? why it don't work running windows?? another time thank u all

what do u mean?? i start the installation running directly the winnt32.exe. another question i forgot: it's necessary to have the winnt.bat file in the main i386 (it was when i try install and it appear to don't load anything anyway)

Here is your prob, the winnt.sif file is not parsed when you install windows from within windows, it uses the gui version of teh winnt.exe, not the command line version. You would need to run this from dos with the proper command line options.

However if you have specified format in your harddrive it would not work. It would fail to format and you will have to update windows rather than do a full install.!!!

I recommend that you use a cd and burn all the neccessary files to the CD. Update will work this way, but you will still have to enter info at first prompt screens.

Sunil