Radeon AIW 9800SE

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the Radeon 9800SE AIW cards to automatically silent install into our installations. It just isn't happening! I can set to silent install the video drivers and capture drivers during the install (RIS based), yet when the PC starts up to the desktop none of the capture/tuner drivers (6 of them) have been detected. I can re-install the wdm capture devices again afterwards, no joy. The only thing that will fix it is to re-install the video drivers from the desktop and then restart the machine. Apparently (from what I was told) installing the drivers in this way puts the I2C bus driver that's on the AIW card in so that XP can enumerate the WDM drivers to the capture devices on the card properly. Is there any way of totally automating this, or am I missing something :) ?

Regards,

Dave

Hi Alanoll

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

The video drivers are being silent installed during the setup of Windows, then the WDM capture drivers are also installed afterwards. So obviously there is a reset between this stage and the desktop appearing.

Regards,

Dave

it doesnt work with a restart in between neither. i tried it several times with a couple of different driver versions but the wdm drivers wont install.

i installed catalyst display driver using OemPnPDriversPath and then tried to install wdm drivers during guirunonce using the installshield responsefile supplied with the package.

Hi Eirogge

At last - someone who's had the same problem as me - I thought I was being thick with no-one else getting it!!!!

I have one last idea to try with it, I'll report back later...............

Dave

@Dave

here it is short and sweet

1 I make an iss file on a fresh install using the -R

2 I install from GuiRunOnce and a batch file

3 it's the last thing to install, the very last

4 it leaves a "setup complete do you want to reboot"

5 it's the ATI AIW drivers about 27mb

6 everything installs, cp wdm smartgart

hope it works for you, if you find better

please let me know, I hate that "setup complete" crap

works for me

bonedaddy

Hi Bonedaddy

Thanks for the reply.

Is the iss script for the root of the AIW drivers or is it for just the vga drivers? I'd all but resigned myself to installing the AIW card thru GUIRunOnce - not the best way coz it needs an extra reset, but do-able.

I find it really strange that the drivers wont put in the I2C part of the ATI card during setup yet it will once the setup is finished. Got any ideas on this? I've quickly tried studying the driver inf files to see what's being added extra but can't see it.

Thanks,

Dave

Radeon2.RU have a slipstream-able WDM capture driver (as well as normal Catalyst including Control Panel)...

the WDM driver isn't the very latest version, but I believe it works good...

all you do is extract the WDM driver to a Drivers directory and add that dir to your winnt.sif driver path list...

the same with the catalyst driver they host - just extract it to a dir, put that dir in your drivers path and it installs the drivers and control panel together during PnP hardware detection...

Look for these links at the top left of the page:

Ñâåæèå äðàéâåðû

Win9x/ME 9137

Win2k/XP 6430

WDM 6238

Hi [bM]Crusher

Slipstreaming the WDM capture drivers isn't a problem. It's the slipstreamed video drivers not installing the I2C bridge so that XP can recognise the capture devices during the RIS install. If I silent install the video drivers during the install, I still get the same problem. Only if the vga drivers are installed once XP is installed ok, then the capture devices are all enumerated ok.

I will try those ATI drivers out from radeon.ru tomorrow now - it's late!!

Thanks,

Dave