Where is the "full IE6 sp1" download?

califdc

Under "misc" downloads on the main page, the "full IE6 sp1 download" is listed. However, clicking the link brings up an "admin install" page with no mention of where to download the file.

Am I missing something?

yes,

follow the instructions.....you will get it. It will download all the little individual files that are neccesary, if you'll lookin for one package with it all done for you, you'll either have to do it yourself, or ask, or search.

Download Internet Explorer for Offline Installation

It is possible to download Internet Explorer for offline installation. You can download it for all operating systems that it is supported under at the same time. This is useful if you have more than one machine to update.

1. Download ie6setup.exe as normal and put it in it's directory. In this example we are using "C:\ie6 Download".

2. Create a New Directory for the complete download. In this example we are using "C:\ie6 Complete".

3. Click Start, Run and enter the following command as shown in italics. Make sure you include all of the marks.

"C:\ie6 download\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

4. When the setup wizard starts, you will be prompted to choose which operating system you want to download for and where you want to store the files. Choose the directory you created above.

5. After pressing OK, wait while the download is complete.

Now you can copy the IE6 Complete directory to a CD or network location and use it to install on all machines by running the ie6setup.exe file that you will find in the folder.

If you are downloading another version of Internet Explorer, for example IE5, then adjust the path above, replacing "ie6" with "ie5" where appropriate.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the method above, with the command:

"C:\ie6 download\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

It lets me select the operating system, but when I hit Next, and it looks like it's about to download the files, the program just closes. Bam, gone, without warning. The only two files it yields are filelist.dat, and an empty file, iesetup.dir. The contents of filelist.dat are:

[General]

Version=1

And that's all.

It would be very handy to get the full install for all these operating systems, as I'm servicing PC's, and not everyone has broadband yet. Twas a time when Microsoft made these "offline installations" easy to find, rather than using these bizarre commandline switches that don't always work.

Edit: After checking another forum, I was directed to this page at Microsoft.

I changed the /d to /d:1, and then it went ahead with the download. It's now downloading the full ~50MB of data at a blazingly fast speed - far better than waiting for it to download at 2KB/sec on a customer's dialup connection.