repackaging driver.cab

Thanks BM. I wasn't sure. I thought I might have been daft. Sometimes I have good days. Some days, when I can't get anything to work, I wonder if msfn.org should sport a header on their main page which states, "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here." :)

Some days, when I can't get anything to work, I wonder if it was worth waking up that day :) heh

then I just delete everything and start from scratch! :rolleyes: i used to do that a lot :D when i first started making my unattend cd

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've started from scratch a couple of times. There's still so much more I need to do. Organize all of my start menu items, for one. I was considering just deleting all of the shortcuts from runonce.exe during cleanup and then use a sfx to install the organized shortcuts. Seems the easiet way.

hehe, I have so many files I'd have to reedit to get my CD back to a starting position after starting from scratch.

edit a few Hive files,

edit Txtsetup.sif

edit Dosnet.inf

edit syssetup.dll

edit uxtheme

edit sfc_of

edit setup.exe

edit some other stuff

re-add all the hotfixes.

That's a pretty long process. Thank fully, I have a working base with all that done, and then just extract the image to a new directory and start from there. It's gonna stink when SP2 comes out.

That's why I love XPcreate. I've got my original (sp1) CD+hacked files in it's own folder.

Then all the rest in XPcreate. I've been making modifications to the files stored in CDROOT and burning test ISOs from there. If a test ISO works, I back up my $OEM$ files and continue on. If I screw something and I can't find the problem, I just run xpcreate again with my last working $OEM$ restored to FILESCD. Usually, all I need to do is just replace the $OEM$ in CDROOT since, at this stage, I haven't really been tinkering with anything outside of that. Fortunately, I haven't had to start from scratch in awhile.:)

Yeah, I too have been trying to keep things as modular as possible so I can rebuild a CD quickly. Alanoll, you might look into batch files to make the necessary changes to those files for you :)