I want to build a Handheld Game

I am completely interested in building my own handheld device.

I am also completely clueless on making handhelds and programming.

Can you help me design a handheld:

Frame + screen + on/off switch

Game: "Program" or "create one with a program"

Others

Plz help me!

i don't think anyone could possibly explain u the steps of it in a forum

but if u want a start, u need to design a chip layout first deciding what its going to do. then create the chip, mount it on a board. well after that u may design the casing for it.

I think this simple question of yours is kind of hard to manage, I mean the big hardware companies do it with 100ths of ppl. if u want to do it by yourself i think first of all u need to do more reading and become aware that u cannot do everything that pops in your head.

frame = easy grab a plastic give it a shape, or wood, sand it or something

on/off switch go grab 3 cables and a switch, solved.

screen heh i don't think u can do it by hand hahahahah

go find yourself a java programer and start learning the language

go buy a cell phone that has java games, and start building one yourself

and see u in 10 years....

i believe you'd like to do that and i believe in your possibilities, but as extrememac said...it's too much hard for just one people...

i think it's easier building a game for pc instead for an handheld.

Today I disassembeled a small electronic handheld game and found out how it works and I have collected all the parts I need to build one.

I just need to program my game into it. How do I do this? Does it have to be Java?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I would like to know how to build my own handheld game too. I know how to program. I’m just wondering how one goes about designing a chip. I’ll probably just look that up on Google. I was thinking EPRAM or PRAM.

I’m actually sort of a game programmer. I’ve built a few little games that weren’t that much to talk about, but at least they played. I used DirectX to do all hard work for me though.

I didn’t know that cell phone games were written in Java. I wonder how the got Java VM inside the cell phone. I wouldn’t use java to build a game because I think it’s slow. I rather make it out of C or C++.

What is the type of screen that is used for those little handheld games? I was thinking LCD but I’m having lots of problems finding what I need to know about them on Google. I was hoping that there is a special name for them.