Windows freezing

ectavares

Hi!

I have Mcafee Internet Security installed on my laptop then I decided to install Norton SystemWorks2003.It also installed NAV and after that my cmoputer is freezing.I cant do nothing I just turn on the computer and its frozen.

is there a way to uninstall Norton system works and nav?I tried to uninstall with the cd but my cmputer gets frozen.

is there a way to return it to the way it was or I should format it again?

thx :)

Try booting into safe mode and uninstalling it there. You can do this by hitting F8 while Windows is starting.

If you get into safe mode without a problem, try doing a system restore and see if anything happens! :rolleyes:

If that fails, formatting USUALLY (95% of the time) fixes the problem! :)

Thank You guys.

I'll format my HD again... :)

Or you could also get the Offline NT Password and Registry editor (Google it :rolleyes:)... I haven't tried the registry part of it, but it SHOULD work! :D This way, you could disable one of the AVs from starting up! :D

Before you format, try booting into the safe mode, like datalore suggested.

It looks like the Norton and McAfee are clashing (why would you install both of them anyway?). Start up in safe mode and uninstall NAV.

Symantec made an uninstaller a while back for nav (shows you the quality of their product :) ) though it does not work for 2004, it works for versions pre-2004. It is called Rnav2003.exe removal utility.

The manual directions DO work however and there is a reg file for removing NAV2004 as well. Go here

For system works 2004, d/l the reg file and follow the directions.

Go Here

I keep these uninstall tools handy when i know symantec products are on a problem computer.

The only good thing is WinDoc.....running directly from the cd :rolleyes: