EVERYONE READ!

VariantX

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

LOL! :) That has to be the best linux quote ever. :rolleyes:

I actually laughed when I read that.

Me to, cute statement.

Both Windows and Linux are ok. Just depends on what you want to do with your computer.

Knowing the limitations of both will go a long way to over-all stability. To many people jump from Windows to Linux because they are experimenting without knowing the limitations of both and end up with unstable systems. Experimenting is a good thing and lends to a more skilled user. Why not?

RaveRod seems to be well studied and makes a skilled accessment of the technical aspects. The points he makes are now in my personal cliff notes. Pretty much sums it up I say. Thanks RaveRod.

FthrJack knows all of the above technical aspects and clearly emphasizes the differences between everyday Windows software and some of the Linux software we users would most likey use on the respective operating systems. Take it from a guy that knows. Linux is just not as user friendly as Windows is not as widely supported by Windows developers.

I am not bashing Linux or you Varient. I like it that you are doing both and hope you will continue to experiment with both. Its all good :D