Black Boot screen

Can someone help me with this stange problem?

I have made an unatended xp pro dvd that is working great

in vpc. But every time I have burned the iso image, and trying

to istall it, I get a black screen.

Okee I think the OEMkrnl.exe would be the bad guy. But why

not in vpc.

And most of al how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

D@RKNeSS

Iam now trying vmware and also no problems Strange.

Am going to remove oemkrnl and try again a burn sesie

I am now instalingin vmware without the oemkrnl we'll see wath happens.

After that I am going to burn again.

Does anybody knows if I can use the ntoskrnl from my other pc.

It is instaled whit the same normal xp pro cd. So I have a "fresh"

ntoskrnl to edit.

D@RKNeSS

I don't think it has somthing to do with the video drivers. Because if i use the kernel original whitch I downloaded with the bootscreen I is working. However

the image is not good.

I keep on seeing the text "profesional" from windows xp profesional. Thats why I decided to make my one kernl. But as I said in an erlyer post this image is fine in vpc and vmware but not if i instal from dvd.

Ps I am almost ready to burn a nother try.

Thanks for thinking with me (Hope you read my englisch a little bit fine)

D@RKNeSS

This time everything is going okee until runonce is finished. This wil also run my bootlogo.cmd as explaind on http://unattended.msfn.org/ but than after the cleanup/restart command the black screen.

Maybe there is error in your runonce/cleanup/restart. You might want to post them so that we can have a look.

To Alanoll

Yes Iam using an Pentium4 hyperthreaded CPU 3.0 ghz

To ps7

Here are my files

RunOnce

@echo off
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Instalatie van de diverse APPS en Hotfixes" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Boot Image" /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Bootlogo\bootlogo.cmd /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "kb817778" /fREG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Hotfix2\kb817778.exe /q /n /o /z" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "q832483" /fREG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Hotfix2\q832483.exe /T:%systemdrive%\Install\tmp2 /c:\"%systemdrive%\Install\tmp2\dahotfix.exe /q /n\" /q" /f
rem REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "*********" /frem REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\*******\******** /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /fREG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\cleanup.cmd" /f
EXIT

Clean up

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 20 -c "Windows XP zal nu opnieuw opstarten..."net user aspnet /delete
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\temp\RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers\RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Install\
EXIT

And to killer bee

I have made sertain that I had the krnl for xp+sp1

But how can I check the versions nbr.??

D@RKNeSS

hi,

just right-click on both kernels -> properties -> Version

and u must have the same kernel (ntkrnlpa.exe for HT and ntoskrnl.exe for uniproccesors(ntkrnlpa.exe will be renamed to ntoskrnl.exe while installation with actice HT))

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

Actually, couldnt that be it? if he edited ntoskrnl from a windows distro (ie meaning having to expand the .ex_ file) when he is supposed to use ntkrnlmp.ex_??? Thats what I would have done if I used a boot screen since I dont necessarily like editing files that are extracted and being used or were used at some point. That could be something he could try is expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ and edit that one for his bootscreen...it wont work in vm environment since I think no matter what you processor it is always a uniprocessor in virtual...tho I dont know, just a thought and something to try...if you did not make this yourself and downloaded someone elses premade unattended (in accordance with you must have your own license) usually the boot screen is for uniprocessor on the downloaded ones...I may get responses to the fact that this could be considered illegal, but how so? I said if you have a license, I dont think it really matters where you get the files as long as you own the right to use them.

Also, you sure it ntkrnlpa? the only other ntkrnl*.* I find is ntkrnlmp (multiprocessor) though since youre in another country, the could have changed the last 2 letters in accordance with your language...if there is a *pa.exe, then I need to be sure I have it just in case I get a HT chip.

Since he mentioned OemKrnl earlier, I'm guessing his Bootlogo.cmd file copies a hacked ntoskrnl to the system32 directory as "OEMkrnl.exe" and edits the boot.ini file. If that's the case, he'll have to hack the ntkrnlmp.exe file and use that as his oemkrnl. ntkrnlmp.exe might boot up in the VM. I'm not really sure. One way to find out. :)

He should be using ntkrnlmp.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/info/bootini.shtml

/PAE boot.ini switch:

This has NTLDR load ntkrnlpa.exe, which is the version of the x86 kernel that is able to take advantage of Intel Physical Address Extensions (PAE), even when a system doesn't have more than 4GB of physical memory. PAE permits an x86 sytem to have up to 64GB of physical memory, but an operating system must be specially coded to use memory beyond 4GB (the standard x86 limit). The PAE-version of the Win2K kernel presents 64-bit physical addresses to device drivers, so this switch is helpful for testing device driver support for large memory systems.

Edit:Hee hee. I Just tried booting my system with the ntkrnlmp. The logo displayed but then the screen went black and the system hung.

@DaRKNeSS666NL: Did you download the bootscreen you are trying to use or is it one that you made yourself?

Cheers,

I fixed it :)

I was using my own kernrl that I made. But that was displaying the wrong image.

I than took a closer look at the one i downloaded with reshack and saw that their wassn't a map 10 (the picture pormat is the same as the word profesional).

I just deleted the map 10 and save again as OEMkrnl and..........Everything is working great.

I want to thank everybody for thinking with me. Hope I can help you in the future.

D@RKNeSS