Configuring Mini-PC's With Zero Auto Updates On Windows 7

Bondppq

Posted (edited)

Well I have a mini-PC AceMagician T8 Plus with 256 GB of hard drive space and 8 GB RAM so I have enough space for that machine to do anything. I was going to install Windows 7 or warez and then the VM environment and then OSX ontop of that with Think or Swim TOS as the final layer. But since Windows 7 some say has security breaches, could someone hack into my system through Windows 7 then into the VM environment and then into OSX and then into TOS? Like hacking though each layer?

The really small 32 GB hard Drive space with 2 GB of RAM is on these tiny travel mini-PC sticks that I use only when I travel. They are easy to transport. So I was going to copy the layered system idea as I stated above into those Asus VivoSticks TS-10 as well and just run these systems infront of every day not remotely tapping in or using another computer to offload the op system hard drive space. Can I do that with this set up? And I prefer OSX over Windows. And I can't shutdown the Windows updates.

Edited by Tripredacus

On 6/15/2024 at 4:57 PM, Bondppq said:

could someone hack into my system through Windows 7 then into the VM environment and then into OSX and then into TOS? Like hacking though each layer?

Too sophisticated, unless you're a really high ranked government official. Besides, I'm not aware of such cases in real life scenarios.

On 6/15/2024 at 4:57 PM, Bondppq said:

since Windows 7 some say has security breaches

Go with Vista, then, like you wrote in the beginning. No one these days will specifically target Vista.

Install May 14, 2019—KB4499180 (Security-only update) (6003 build) it includes the most important security breach fixes and the ability to use the extended kernel, if you ever wish to try it.

Install nothing else since all is already included in that pack!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/may-14-2019-kb4499180-security-only-update-081acd25-afa4-fb15-2dc1-fefcece4325a

Important, don't install SSU (KB4493730), even if it will be offered to you automatically. The above update KB4499180 installs just fine on a clean Vista SP2 (any edition).

On 6/15/2024 at 5:57 PM, Bondppq said:

But since Windows 7 some say has security breaches

There is no such thing as a secure operating system. 

I am wondering if this software will run on a Windows PE. :dubbio:

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 10:10 AM, Tripredacus said:

Pop up Alert...

...you sent me some acknowledgement notice but I don't know what it is for?

Edited by Bondppq

On 6/16/2024 at 4:07 PM, Dixel said:

Too sophisticated, unless you're a really high ranked government official. Besides, I'm not aware of such cases in real life scenarios.

Then that would be a good thing if it would be impossible for a hacker to hack in through 2 layered OP systems to gain access to the 3rd party trading platform. Maybe I'm on the right path then.