StartAllBack v3.7.7/3.7.8 make text unreadable in tabs and some buttons

I've made a post about it in the muut site but it's seem to be down for a long time, so I thought I should move it here,

As I've showed in the other site (no longer got the pic though) starting ver v3.7.7 and onward of StartAllBack some text areas became unreadable for me (in places like properties where you see tabs and some buttons the text is transparent/white)

I've wanted to report my testing as well as ask for help here,

So for starters I can confirms it also happens to me on 3.7.8, however rolling back to any previous version beneath v3.7.7 fix the problem,
I've test it with OldNewExplorer off so it's not OldNewExplorer,
And also updated windows just in case.

I've also tested it on other machine and there it worked fine with v3.7.7/8,
So it's something on my machine but I can't tell what, and as I've said any previous version beneath v3.7.7 show the text just fine which means that whatever causing it could collide with something that relate to one of the changes the creator did in v3.7.7,

Should I try to fully remove the tool next alongside the data and user settings?
I didn't removed the profile settings since I dk if it going to help and was scared to lose my serial just in case.

Edited by StevenAdulthood

Posted (edited)

I've forgot it but I've also use Winaero Tweaker, but I didn't messed with nearly any of its options, espceially nothing to do with theme/colors/fonts changes there (only did these in StartAllBack since I knew I ganna use it for that from the start),
The other machine I've tested it on also got Winaero Tweaker, but can't tell if both use the same settings since I only used that app like once after I've installed the PC and rarely opened it afterward, and all of the changes I did there were mostly stuff like turn off Win/driver updates since it's more easier than open the services each time manually,

I will try to compare the settings between the two machines to narrow down if something is different between the two.

One last thing I've used but don't think it worth mention in this case is O&O ShutUp10++,
Both machines got it under the same settings, and I've used it to turn off some of MS spying stuff (Also I didn't simply let it used the settings it recommand since it bascially turn off nearly everything that got net connection to MS servers so I only kept it as minimum for the things I've want off),
But since both machines got it installed with the exact same profile settings, it not seem to be the culprit, consider how the other machine shows texts in tabs and buttons just fine on newer ver,

It may be worth to note that the other machine is a laptop with win11 home though, but aside from few buttons/options it lack comapred to Win11 Pro, I don't think it's really matter but mentioned it to be on the safe side.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Ok I've tested anything that relates to customization I have,
Nothing is different form what I have on the secondary machine where everything is looking fine,
Even color settings of windows,

However one thing I did noticed was that on the secondary machine some things look different even by default,
For example the check boxes look different,
Both machines got win11 with recent updates, but secondary machine was upgraded from win 10 and got home edition,
While the main machine had a clean install of Pro edition, 

I honestly dk if any of that matters but the default look look different on both even without StartAllBack installed,
Is there any way to send you logs that could help pinpoint the issue?

Also could a complete removal of StartAllBack (Including removel of the settings though it may risk losing the license...) will help?

20240416_235752.png

54541.png

Posted (edited)

Ok so I've updated the windows yet again,
And completely removed StartIsBack from my PC and reinstalled,

The issue still there from ver  3.7.7 and onwards, but not happens at 3.7.5, so I assume it's most likely something on the app end now,

I assume that I will be forced to try some alternative consider the issue will probably not going to be fixed? :0