3050ti, 3060ti, 3070ti and 3080ti laptop gpu driver

Aiek

18 hours ago, Dixel said:

I suppose you did it through the Device manager? Cause if no, the nVidia install makes the lock. 

how else was i supposed to install the driver? i always install nvidia drivers via device manager, even if i can install normally

6 hours ago, Aiek said:

how else was i supposed to install the driver? i always install nvidia drivers via device manager, even if i can install normally

I was just making sure. From what knowledgeable people tell, that series of drivers can't be modded due to the fact that 3050ti's BIOS recognition model is missing from the driver files. Inf modding won't help.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

I was just making sure. From what knowledgeable people tell, that series of drivers can't be modded due to the fact that 3050ti's BIOS recognition model is missing from the driver files. Inf modding won't help.

well that explains it then
anyways if there is no fix for this, my recommended fix is an egpu setup:
is it portable? no.
will you have a compatible gpu? yes

On 3/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, Aiek said:

yeah lets just say im not selling my laptop just for a normal laptop 3050 (which gets beaten by a gtx 970 btw)

Right! I have a similar notebook, I'm not satisfied with the performance at all! Obviously, that GPU isn't enough to drive its 4k res. display. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2024 at 7:08 PM, Dixel said:

Simple (without the "Ti") GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU - should work.

I got a laptop with RTX 3050 Laptop GPU and it won't install on Windows 7. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a notebook / laptop version of RTX 30 series to work on Windows 7. I tried following a guide to modify the drivers, but it still said that it wasn't for this version of Windows. I'm not sure if the guide I followed was more specific to a certain video card. I might give it another shot later on a different inf file, but I think that Nvidia screwed up when listing Windows 7 drivers as available for the RTX 30 series (Notebook), and it's just not available at all.

3 hours ago, madao said:

I got a laptop with RTX 3050 Laptop GPU and it won't install on Windows 7. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a notebook / laptop version of RTX 30 series to work on Windows 7. I tried following a guide to modify the drivers, but it still said that it wasn't for this version of Windows. I'm not sure if the guide I followed was more specific to a certain video card. I might give it another shot later on a different inf file, but I think that Nvidia screwed up when listing Windows 7 drivers as available for the RTX 30 series (Notebook), and it's just not available at all.

Well, that's the question for nVidia, I guess. nVidia swears it should work, officially. Look under the supported products.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/197673/en-us/

Probably you need to contact the laptop manufacturer. There's a well known fact when manufacturers implement artificial blocks against certain OS.

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

Well, that's the question for nVidia, I guess. nVidia swears it should work, officially. Look under the supported products.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/197673/en-us/

Probably you need to contact the laptop manufacturer. There's a well known fact when manufacturers implement artificial blocks against certain OS.

Yeah, I think they screwed that up.

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

As the last resort, try to edit nvlddmkm.sys to skip the OS_VER checks, but gotta have at least some experience with it.

Thanks. I saw your other post about the 3050 being released later as well and that's probably the case then... I don't have any experience with modifying .sys files, but thanks for pointing me in a direction that i can attempt. I'll try to figure it out when I have some time.

I ended up forcing the driver in a crude way, just for the purpose of seeing if it could work at all. I edited the inf file to change basically all of the hardware IDs in certain areas and enabled Test Signing mode. It successfully installed, but it was basically unusable. Pretty sure that RTX Laptop GPU being compatible with Windows 7 was a big lie from Nvidia, or a sloppy misfiling.

RTX3050LaptopGPUWin7.thumb.png.7f61c718aca576def2abc51edc341b61.png

I do still wonder about if anyone has gotten any RTX 30 series laptop GPU running at all on Windows 7. This experience has also made me question whether or not a 3090 TI will actually run on Windows 7, though I think I have seen someone on reddit claiming that they have that working on Windows 7.

Oh well, I didn't have any touchpad drivers to make the touchpad on that laptop work on Windows 7 anyway.

4 hours ago, madao said:

This experience has also made me question whether or not a 3090 TI will actually run on Windows 7, though I think I have seen someone on reddit claiming that they have that working on Windows 7.

I wouldn't go out and just buy a 3090 Ti, all of that because a random entity on the internet wrote it "worked" for him, just saying. Gather more info before the purchase!

4 hours ago, madao said:

It successfully installed, but it was basically unusable. Pretty sure that RTX Laptop GPU being compatible with Windows 7 was a big lie from Nvidia, or a sloppy misfiling.

Basically, what we wrote you about the R470 branch being too old for that GPU. A big lie from nVidia is nothing new!:buehehe:

This time you have hard proof, talk to the press. Back up the false advertising page. Sue them, I dunno, at least demand money back + compensation.