XP on HP Pavilion?

OldSchool38

I have an old HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, the model is dv7-1127cl.  In past installations, it will take Linux/Windows 7/Vista 32 and 64 bit.  However when I've attempted a windows xp install I get the BSOD every time, is XP too old, or is there a trick I'm missing?  Thanks for any clues!

I put in a xp disk to try to replicate the error, but it's loaded up and installing as we speak!:blink:  This version is a fan mix with sp3 and a number of additional updates already slip streamed into it, so that appears to have jumped the installation hurdle so far.  Will post any problems with it if there are any once it is installed.

good ideas are to tell the hardware what you actually did (HP Pavilion dv7-1127c (the last number is important because there many dv7 types, these are very different)

a other good thing is where exactly the problem apeared like while the installation, or after windows bootet up, did it find the HDD, did the boot cd/dvd/blu ray start up 

a next good idea is a picture with a smartphone or camera 

the net give us different  informations can that be possible ?

(AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile), that cpu is kinda old (2005)

the grafic card (AMD Radeon HD 3200) is like 2008

specs say these types HP Pavilion dv7-1127c was released in like 2009

you may enter your lap-top number here to get the right information:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/product/details/hp-pavilion-dv7-1100-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/model/3802944

a problem can be the chipset of the motherboard but 2005-2009 sounds rather XP like, the specs for this lap-top actually say that this lap-top is a nativ windows vista lap-top

cant find anything related to the chipset for now 

On 2/20/2024 at 9:32 AM, OldSchool38 said:

I have an old HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, the model is dv7-1127cl.  In past installations, it will take Linux/Windows 7/Vista 32 and 64 bit.  However when I've attempted a windows xp install I get the BSOD every time, is XP too old, or is there a trick I'm missing?  Thanks for any clues!

You're most likely missing the AHCI drivers that needed to be integrated. It's many tutorials around the web. I'm not sure whether to tell it here because it would involve the modifying of original MS ISO.

Just search for integrating SATA drivers (AHCI) to XP.