XPLode Fails to Run - "Invalid XML Syntax"

mmarable

I get the error in the XPLode log file below. This is straight from the ZIP file, both the 1.1.2 and the 1.1.0 releases.

I just uncompressed them, and ran the "run_with_logging.bat" batch file.

Any ideas?

thanks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-> XPlode start at: 04/04/28 15:49:25XPlode {  Loading Plugins (SDK2.0) {    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeAdduserPlugin2.xpd2    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeExamplePlugin2.xpd2    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeExecutePlugin2.xpd2    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeFSOpsPlugin2.xpd2    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeRegistryPlugin2.xpd2    Load successful: C:\XPlode\XPlodeShortcutPlugin2.xpd2  }  Registering commands {    Command: addgroup, (0,1)    Command: adduser, (0,0)    Command: copy, (3,0)    Command: delete, (3,2)    Command: example, (1,0)    Command: execute, (2,0)    Command: move, (3,1)    Command: registry, (4,0)    Command: shortcut, (5,0)  }  Commandline Parameter: '/help:', Value: ''  Commandline Parameter: '/xml:', Value: 'C:\XPlode\XPlode.xml'  Parsing XML: C:\XPlode\XPlode.xml {    Error opening XML file: C:\XPlode\XPlode.xml    Invalid XML syntax.    Check UNICODE encoding?  }  Starting dialog {  }  Execution thread {  }-=-=-=-=-=-=-> XPlode end at: 04/04/28 15:49:25

Like I said, this is straight out of the ZIP file. I haven't even begun to try and edit the XPLode.XML file.

wierd....

Basically, there is soemthing wrong with the XML file.

Open it in Notepad, and go to Save AS, and under Encoding select Unicode. Then open it in IE and see if it reports any problems, if it doesn't it should just display the entire XML file.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I noticed last night after playing around with XPlode (v1.0.5; haven't tried the current version yet) is that if you forget to close an XML statement, it has the same generic error... such as:

Error opening XML file: C:\XPlode\XPlode.xml

Invalid XML syntax.

Check UNICODE encoding?

Is there a way for the XPlode engine to parse through and make sure all <statement> have a closing </statement> ? I noticed my mistake after about 5 minutes of looking through the (very long) XML file I had made, but anyway.. hehe.

Xplode is awesome, btw. Thank you.

-J

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

i am new here :)

I have read most oft the xplode posts but i am not able to get it working.

I have done following things yet, btw i am german, sry for mistakes :rolleyes: :

1. Slipstreamed the SP1 into XP and reduced it with nlite. ~180MB now

2. Build my own winnt.sif for unattended Setup

3. Made my own $OEM$ Folder with subfolders.

4. Put the setup exe files, Drivers etc. in the DIRs

5. Put the xplode files into C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install

6. edited the xplode.xml file with my files which i want to install

The unattended setup works good, no errors.

I used the install.cmd to install my programms, that worked great too.

But now i want to switch from that .cmd "way" to the xplode "way"

here is my winnt.sif

;SetupMgrTag[setupParams]    UserExecute="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Xplode.exe /log:%SYSTEMDRIVE%\xplode.log"
[Data]    AutoPartition=1    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    OemSkipEula=Yes    OemPreinstall=Yes    Unattendswitch=yes    TargetPath=\WINDOWS
 OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_WinXP_0_chipsatzF;Drivers\000_WinXP_0_chipsatz_2k3;Drivers\000_WinXP_0_IDE;Drivers\000_WinXP_AGP;Drivers\002_WinXP2k_ati_inf;Drivers\003_sound;Drivers\004_netzwerk"DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore	
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=ebfda92fd336b54aaad3b435b51404ee7388d9e3cdb986a53624d4c68e3f9bdc    EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=110    OemSkipWelcome=1
[userData]    ProductKey=    FullName="-"    OrgName="-"    ComputerName=wakue
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=49
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=1    Language=00000407
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=Arbeitsgruppe
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[shell];  CustomDefaultThemeFile="%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Slate.theme"  DefaultStartPanelOff=yes    DefaultThemesOff=yes    

here my xplode.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?><XPlode>    <config>        <hidewindow>Windows Update</hidewindow>        <hidewindow>CMD.EXe</hidewindow>        <show total='6' after='2' subcount='true' />        <!-- turn antialiasing OFF if you're running GUIinstall mode -->        <font face="Tahoma" antialias="false" small="8" large="12" />        <!-- note the position attribute - it is listed in 'x,y' positions. -->        <!-- 0..8 still may be used. -->        <window width='440' position='8' fixmain='0' />        <windowmode mode='guitransparent' />        <!-- can be standalone, guitransparent, or guiredraw -->        <!-- for the latter two, you don't need to specify background colours, or images. -->        <colours>            <header back='#003399' fore='#FFFFFF' image='%XPLODE%\images\head.png' />            <footer back='#003399' fore='#FFFFFF' image='%XPLODE%\images\foot.png' />            <progress border='#FFFFFF' back='#00000000' fore='#FFFFFFAA' fore2='#00000033' />            <main back='#FF00FF' fore='#FFFFFF' current='#FFFF00' description='#FFFFFF' image='%XPLODE%\main2.png' overlay='#FFFFFF22'/>        </colours>        <strings>            <!-- main XPlode string -->            <title>Post-Setup Installationen</title>            <complete>Fertig</complete>            <!-- adduser plugin strings -->            <adduser>Adding user #1#</adduser>            <addusertogroup>Adding user #1# to group #2#</addusertogroup>            <addgroup>Adding group #1#</addgroup>            <!-- file/dir ops plugin strings -->            <copy>Copying #1# (#2#/#3# - #4#)</copy>            <move>Moving #1# (#2#/#3# - #4#)</move>            <delete>Deleting #1# (#3#)</delete>            <!-- shortcut plugin -->            <shortcut>Adding shortcut: #1#</shortcut>        </strings>    </config>    <item display='blah'>        <example     display='Applying tweaks...'     program='%SYSTEMROOT%\regedit.exe'     arguments='/s "%XPLODE%\regtest.reg"'    username='Spike'    password='swordfish'    />    </item>    <item display='Adobe Reader 6'>        <execute display='Installiere Adobe Reader 6...'            program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\AdobeReader6\Adober601.msi -p"-s /v\"/qn\""' />    </item>    <item display='Diskeeper 8 Server Edition'>        <execute display='Installiere Diskeeper 8 Server Edition...' program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\Diskeeper\setup.exe /s /v/qn' />    </item>    <item display='Java VM'>        <execute display='Update Java VM...'           program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\JavaVM\MSJavx86_3810update.exe /Q:A /R:N' />    </item>    <item display='MSN Messenger 6.2'>        <execute display='Installiere MSN Messenger 6.2...'         program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\MSN62\MsnMsgs.msi /QB' />    </item>    <item display='Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition'>        <execute display='Installiere Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition...'    program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\Nero63\Nero63.exe /silent /noreboot' />    </item>    <item display='Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition Registrierung'>        <execute display='Installiere Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition...'    program='/S #Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\Nero63\register.reg'/>    </item>    <item display='Winrar 3.11'>        <execute display='Installiere Winrar 3.11...'               program='#Sourcedrive#\install\Anwendungen\winrar\winrar311.exe /s' />    </item></XPlode>                                  

the folders on my xp cd or the following:

C:\XPCD\I386\...\

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\000_chipsatz..\ etc.

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Anwendungen\winrar...\ etc

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$$\System32

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Docs

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Progs

After the installation hast finished an windows is running, the drivers and install folders are located at c:\

I do not want them to be there. I only want to install the programms like i did it with the install.cmd .

i have attached my xplode.log

Hmm, i am not totally stupid to build something, but i dot know where my mistakes are. Somebody has an idea?

chris

xplode.log

xplode.log

Edited by mociloc

first you're missing the <items> tag in your xml just before the very first <item>

second....

After the installation hast finished an windows is running, the drivers and install folders are located at c:\

I do not want them to be there. I only want to install the programms like i did it with the install.cmd .

What do you mean? You want them deleted after XPlode does it's thing?

Hmm yes. Is that normal that xplode copies the folders to the HDD?

If yes, yes i would xplode to delete the folders after setup has finished.

I want xplode to install all additional Programms direct from the Installation CD and not after copying the files on the HDD. Is that possible?

i fixed the </items< tag. texting now

actually you have XP SETUP copying the files over.

#Sourcedrive# = The drive XP SETUP is installing from. So you folders should be %XPCD%\install

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Anwendungen\winrar...\ etc

That is what's copying it all over. So if that were the case, then your XML paths are wrong. They should have %systemdrive% not %sourcedrive%

If it were

C:\XPCD\Install\Anwendungen\winrar...\ etc

then it would work, however you'll still need the XPLODE files in $1 for it to run.

ok.. i think i am getting it to work step by step.

the log was ok so far, the only error that occured was that the setup.exe files were not found.

So i think the problem was in the xml file. I fixed that.

testing now

thx for helping so far!!!

while watching the installation in vmware i have another question.

i read about the office silent installation, i tryed all and it worked fine.

But the Problem ist, that the ISO with integrated O2003 is ~925MB big.

Is there a possebility to reduce the (german) O2003 administrative installation?

So WinXP incl. Office and all the other Tools would fit on 1 CD. I know about splitting it on two CD but that is not my target.

I only need word, excel, frontpage and powerpoint. No Cliparts etc.

i have not found a menupoint where i can select/deselect the O2003 parts.

I have read some posts here but have not found a sollution.

edit:

ok, windows is running. xplode ist working but i still get this error in the Execution treath: Error running command: 'execute' - error reported by plugin (file not found)

so i think there must be an error in my cd paths.

i attached the new log with the error

xplode.log

xplode.log