Last Versions of Software for Windows 3.1/WfW

WadmodderShalton

LIST OF SOFTWARE THAT SUPPORTS WINDOWS 3.1/WfW

In this forum thread, you will find a list of software that supports Windows 3.1/WfW.

A link to a download source will be provided for freeware, shareware and open source software. For commercial software, you will need to search for sites such as Amazon or eBay for older versions of software that supports Windows 3.1/WfW.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post links to illegal download sources for commercial software as MSFN will not tolerate software piracy.

*** K E Y  L E G E N D ***

LAST - Last version of software to support Windows 3.1
ONGD - Ongoing development
FREE - Freeware/Open Source
SHAR - Shareware (free trial of software); while certain free trials of software will expire, otherwise will either not expire or have reduce functionality
$$$$ - Commercial software that must be purchased
² - Requires Win32s or WinG
???? - Unknown

If you can find any, please post any details of current or the last version of software and utilities that work under Windows 3.1/WfW.

1. If it is the LAST or ONGD.

2. If the software is FREE, SHAR, or $$$$. If $$$$, no link will be provided.

3. A URL link for where the FREE or SHAR version of the software can be downloaded or purchased ($$$$). If you're trying to find the FREE or SHAR version of the software, but you're unable to find the link, let me know to see how this can be resolved.

4. If the software requires ², place it after the name of the software.

5. If necessary, the date of when the software was released in yyyy-mm-dd format.

I wanted to write a list for the latest versions of software that runs on Windows 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups, as I seen no one write one down.

If you have found some software that supports Windows 3.1/WfW, please post them here.

• 1 month later...

• 5 months later...

You know, this was a good idea, didn't work though. But just so a person reading this doesn't go back empty-handed, here you go, The Win32s compatibility list by Stephan Großklaß (now maintained by Gaby Chaudry): 

http://stephan.win31.de/w32slist.htm

I'm pretty sure you can find Win32s (the Latest Version is 1.30) on the internet somewhere. WinWorld has a copy, if I am correct. win31.de has one as well