MSN Weather app (Windows 8.1) still unsurprisingly "works". How to fix the server/app? (Aug 10 2023)

SGR179GR

Hello everyone who still uses Windows 8.1, I have seen that the app still "works", unsurprisingly. It's pretty weird that I can use or add my location and "see" the weather (not really).

The data however, is just sample data (from London, United Kingdom). Mine's (Valenii de Munte, Romania). It's just an example, you know that.

Everything, including Weather Maps, World Weather etc. (except Places) is rendering useless, Literally none of them are working (except Places).

Here are the stuff that's needed to be fixed: Forecast, Weater Maps, World Weather etc.

Here are the stuff that's needed to be removed or replaced: Ski Resorts (may/may not be replaced with News).

With that done out of the way, Let's team up with people and to fix this Weather app (for Windows 8.1, as an APPX file). Thank You.

Here's how it looks (as an image):

Date: August 10 2023.

MSNweatherunsurprisinglyworkinghmm.thumb.PNG.9561929123d995f6cec8381f89627486.PNG

Hi, what happens, if you spoof the OS string?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentVersion"="10.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentVersion"="10.0"

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi, what happens, if you spoof the OS string?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentVersion"="10.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CurrentVersion"="10.0"

Unfortunately that did not help.

I have found the problem:

The API is dead for the Weather app for Windows 8.1.

I kindly want to replace the API for this app, but I don't know and I'm not a developer.

Can someone give their key to make that functional with Windows 8.1's weather app? Thanks.

Welcome back, I have some bad and good news for everyone.

The bad news is: The app is still not fully functional yet, may need or not a fix. Still, c'mon.

The good news is: The app was updated to version 2016 (3.0.4.350).

Now, the Weather Maps feature is functional! It has modern data. So the app works partially.

Details in these images attached below.

MSNweatherpartiallyworkingwin81.thumb.PNG.1de9732c07ebe63b20ee41574c84197c.PNGWeathermapsstillfunctionalwin8-min.thumb.PNG.83009f4dbccdd6236b699f36c613e868.PNG

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2023 at 11:14 PM, SGR179GR said:

Welcome back, I have some bad and good news for everyone.

The bad news is: The app is still not fully functional yet, may need or not a fix. Still, c'mon.

The good news is: The app was updated to version 2016 (3.0.4.350).

Now, the Weather Maps feature is functional! It has modern data. So the app works partially.

Details in these images attached below.

MSNweatherpartiallyworkingwin81.thumb.PNG.1de9732c07ebe63b20ee41574c84197c.PNGWeathermapsstillfunctionalwin8-min.thumb.PNG.83009f4dbccdd6236b699f36c613e868.PNG

uhm, appx please.