Error 82 During Legacy Update Setup

legacyfan

I just recently did a fresh install of windows xp and have been trying to get legacy update installed but everytime I try to install it I get an error 82 at the update aren't install and it never finished has anyone seen this error before? If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated (and the windows is XP Pro x86)

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to Error 82 During Legacy Update Setup
11 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I think this happens because it needs the Automatic Updates Control Update applet, and you don't have that on your system.

it was only a test install of my project so I might go back a newer windows now. (as ive finished the test)

Edited by legacyfan

For what it's worth, I was able to install Legacy Update just fine on POSReady 2009. Did a fresh 'minimum' installation of the OS, took care of the drivers and some basic software, and then installed the latest version of Legacy Update. It took a while, but I was able to install pretty much all of the major updates...the only ones that didn't install were the .NET Frameworks (no big loss there; I suppose doing a full install with all the extra stuff may solve that problem) and Windows Live.
So now I've got a fully patched POSReady--it was running fine in its 'untouched' vanilla form, but having all the updates is very good.
I'm not sure if it will make any difference, but if you can get used to its unique quirks POSReady may be an interesting base to work with. It seems to be a bit faster than standard XP SP3, and I like how you can tweak the installation...a minimum install takes up less than 1GB of HDD space, and that's with the supplemental language files. So very similar to Windows FLP & standard XP Embedded.