Disable these useless Windows 10 features and gain up to 37% performance

msfntor

Disable these useless Windows 10 features and gain up to 37% performance

March 27, 2023 Matt Mills

Microsoft‘s new operating system has generated a lot of criticism, due to the limitations it implements. Windows 11 adds two additional security features by default, which are now active in Windows 10 as well . Well, they found that these two worthless features lead to up to 37% loss in gaming performance.

Virtualization-Based Security (VBS) and Hypervisor Mandatory Code Consistency Inspection (HCVI) features are security features implemented in the latest two Windows distributions by default. Its integration, in the first instance, already raised doubts about the possible impact on system performance.

Before continuing, we are going to explain in a simple way what these two functions are. VBS is a feature that allows Windows to create a secure memory key that isolates itself from unsecure code. HVCI is a VBS plugin (to put it simply) that prevents unsigned or rogue drivers and software from entering memory. These two functions seek to limit the possible damage that malware, malicious software, can cause in the system.

We must say that VBS and HVCI are theoretically disabled features in Windows 10 and Windows 11. But, it seems that after recent updates, both features become enabled by default. It doesn’t happen in all cases, but you might find that this function is active.

Does it affect performance a lot?...

MORE: https://itigic.com/disable-these-useless-windows-10-features-and-gain-up-to-37-performance/

Itigic.com: https://itigic.com/ 

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Perfect example of why I never allow/enable ANY of my software to "update" itself.

Good for you, but I personally rejoice of the automatic updates of JShelter, because it is updated very often, every week, I think.

Edited by msfntor
I think.

• 2 weeks later...