realtek rtl8821ce WiFi card windows vista driver

Jakob99

5 hours ago, Brickedandroid said:

Any drivers designed for Windows 7 or higher can be backported to Vista using NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender.

For the user-mode components, use Extended Kernel version spoofing.

Interesting. I don't think I have quite the expertise to do this, but I know someone who may. Would this also apply to post-Ivy Bridge Intel graphics drivers such as for Haswell and later?

5 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Interesting. I don't think I have quite the expertise to do this, but I know someone who may. Would this also apply to post-Ivy Bridge Intel graphics drivers such as for Haswell and later?

For now, I've tried it, but it's the newer version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on my Ivy Bridge. It works partially, doesn't have any problems at all in Device Manager, but it breaks Direct3D 9 with BEX crash signature. But don't worry, Direct3D 10, 11, and OpenGL are unaffected and still worked perfectly just like normal. You only can't enjoy aero and playing videos using WMP, but you still can play games that use Direct3D 11 or higher (usually released beyond 2011).

Edited by Brickedandroid

On 3/17/2023 at 11:24 PM, Brickedandroid said:

For now, I've tried it, but it's the newer version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver on my Ivy Bridge. It works partially, doesn't have any problems at all in Device Manager, but it breaks Direct3D 9 with BEX crash signature. But don't worry, Direct3D 10, 11, and OpenGL are unaffected and still worked perfectly just like normal. You only can't enjoy aero and playing videos using WMP, but you still can play games that use Direct3D 11 or higher (usually released beyond 2011).

Ah. Does Aero rely on Direct3D9?