Windows 2000 On The HP Elite 8300?

legacyfan

would this work on the hp elite 8300? it comes with the HD 2500 which ive seen has been used before on 2000 and the cpu is i5-3750 an ivybridge cpu so my question is will this work? If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to Windows 2000 On The HP Elite 8300?

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

would this work on the hp elite 8300? it comes with the HD 2500 which ive seen has been used before on 2000 and the cpu is i5-3750 an ivybridge cpu so my question is will this work? If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated

Yes, it should work. I installed Windows 2000 on a Dell Inspiron 15R-5537 (Haswell), and @Illen got NT 3.51 on a Skylake machine. You will either have to turn on ATA/IDE emulation for SATA, or integrate your own SATA drivers, which is what I did. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, legacyfan said:

Check the BIOS first. Is it InsydeH2O? If it is, you're out of luck as those don't like 2K's ACPI for some reason. Maybe it would work if the XP ACPI 2.0 driver could be backported to 2000.

6 minutes ago, Jakob99 said:

Check the BIOS first. Is it InsydeH2O? If it is, you're out of luck as those don't like 2K's ACPI for some reason. Maybe it would work if the XP ACPI 2.0 driver could be backported to 2000.

I’ve gotten 2000 to work with InsydeH2O BIOS with that ISO.

Edited by GD 2W10

Just now, GD 2W10 said:

I’ve gotten 2000 to work with InsydeH2O BIOS with that ISO.

You did? As in you have working ACPI mode? How? Would you mind linking me to the ISO and/or telling me how you got ACPI working please.