Artifacts on desktop with a 2080 Ti and Windows 8.1

K4sum1

On 1/2/2023 at 4:58 AM, K4sum1 said:

I recently redid my Windows 8.1 install, and I notice artifacts, like bars on the screen, things looking corrupted or off for a split second before going back to normal. It's not a GPU issue as this doesn't happen when using Windows 7, and the GPU can be overclocked quite far before stability is a problem. I wonder if it could be caused by Aero Glass as I could see that causing issues like this, but I'm not sure. I'll try different drivers and a different version of Aero Glass soon.

Edit: Tried 441.66 and 474.06, and they both have this issue, going to try 431.36 next.

This is very easy to diagnose, make a clean install on a separate HDD and with the drivers from the 430th range.  No artifacts, then the programme is to blame, if artifacts are still there - your card is dead. Windows 7 may still be fine as it doesn't stress out the GPU like it should. I observed different GPU usage between Vista and 7.

win 7 tends to load the CPU more than GPU.

• 5 months later...

I guess I forgot to reply here. I appear to have fixed it by using 1.2.5. Not sure why it had issues at first, but it's been months without any weirdness.

• 1 month later...