Hirens Bootcd PE and WinXP?

jbclem

Has anyone found a way to use the latest Hirens Bootcd PE with Windows XP.  It's listed as having a  minimun requirement of Windows 7.  Since my problem has to do with my missing boot partition, there's no specific OS involved.  But there is a tool developed to copy the ISO content properly in the USB device, Hiren’s BootCD PE – ISO2USB portable tool, and when I try to run it I get an error (external exception CO6DOO7F)...which looks like it might be referring to a missing dll, possibly one that is only found in Win7 and later.  I'm trying to run this tool on my other WinXP computer.

My boot partition vanished when I tried to use Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) to add a new partition...something I've discovered is a known problem, so I've lost access the my WinXP operating system.  I'm using Hirens Bootcd 15 to boot up the computer and try to find a solution, but the included miniXP browser (Opera 12) is so old that most websites won't run in it(security errors) and I'm having trouble getting most software to run in the miniXP environment.

Hiren's Bootcd PE has much newer software included, and Firefox 78, so I'd like to try it out.

Anyone had any luck with this newer Hirens bootCD PE?

Edited by jbclem

• jbclem changed the title to Hirens Bootcd PE and WinXP?