is there a way to force google chrome to always SAVE all files into the download folder on windows 10?

cov3rt

I am trying to make it so that everytime i save a file from google chrome, when it asks where to save, for it to always by default bring the download folder as the default place to save. It seems that the option for saving files is different from the download setting, which is when you download a file anonymously, and the place it ends up going is managed through the download settings, which i currently have set to the download folder. However, a problem i encounter with the saving of files manually from google chrome is that if i want to save them in a different location, it ends up using the last saved location, and i don't want it to do this. Is there a way to bypass this, such that google chrome does not remember the last saved location or simply defaults everytime to the download folder for all saved files? I also want to point out that i tried checking the "ask where to save each file before downloading" option, but this didn't help, as it still enters the last saved directory, which i don't want to be shown. 

Probably the only way is to execute some commands when starting Chrome (i.e. it doesn't work for "current session"):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53505079/how-to-change-default-download-folder-in-chrome-using-powershell

You will have to try, but it seems that to "reset" to the "generic default directory" it is enough to delete the "default_directory" line/element in the Preferences, it should be something like:

"download": {
      "default_directory": "C:\\datashop\\downloads",
      "directory_upgrade": true,
      "extensions_to_open": "",
      "prompt_for_download": false
   },

There might also be a Registry "policy", but that will - I believe - override any setting in "preferences"

https://admx.help/?Category=Chrome&Policy=Google.Policies.Chrome::DownloadDirectory

jaclaz