Why Windows 11 sucks worse than Millenium Edition or Vista RTM!

WinFX

Dismiss what I wrote above in "I have tried Windows 11 and I will tell you my experience", everything Windows 10 1903+ sucks, bugs with pre-Skylake architectures, consumes half the RAM (especially Windows Defender). In addition, the new LTSC 2021 only has support for 5 years instead of 10 as it always was.

And Windows 11... it's just a 21H2 with a much worse design layer than iOS 7 even if you don't have Alder Lake say goodbye to your processor, an awkward context menu, inability to pin, it was never so difficult to open the task manager...

Apparently Micro$oft like Intel want us to pollute the planet by throwing away 95% of our PC's to buy Alder Lake, and use a TPM 2.0 that doesn't make any sense being a Windows 10 with a customization layer.

The only one left in the future is 1607 LTSB or 1809 LTSC, since this is supported until 2029 (the new posready 2009), 7 more years, unlike normal Windows 10 that has it until 2025.

The good thing about Windows 11 being a WIndows 10 with an ugly design layer is that we can easily avoid them with an extended kernel (fewer differences than 8.0 and 8.1), although we won't need it until 2025-2027.

This video demonstrates that Windows 11 is Windows 10 with a horrible design layer:

• 4 months later...

I'd say comparing it to windows ME and windows Vista RTM is being unfair to those Os'es. Having been a long time user of windows ME, I can say it is very much possible to get it to run smoothly, and what little I used Vista it seemed the biggest issues were similarly hardware related.  Neither locked you into requiring the latest intel hardware and would run happily on AMD so long as you had enough ram and a fast processor.  Neither spied on you the way 11 and 10 do either, nor did they require a constant internet connection.    Guess I'll be passing on this windows too.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, Molly Dawn said:

I'd say comparing it to windows ME and windows Vista RTM is being unfair to those Os'es. Having been a long time user of windows ME, I can say it is very much possible to get it to run smoothly, and what little I used Vista it seemed the biggest issues were similarly hardware related.  Neither locked you into requiring the latest intel hardware and would run happily on AMD so long as you had enough ram and a fast processor.  Neither spied on you the way 11 and 10 do either, nor did they require a constant internet connection.    Guess I'll be passing on this windows too.

I totally agree with you on Windows Millennium Edition. It is one of the best versions of Windows IMHO. I got hold of it long before it was released to the public and I was giddier than a little girl with pockets on her dress!